* Minifing and Optimizing:
This module allows you to optimize and minify your css and js files by allowing you to use different available compression libraries and methods. It's completely configurable following the capabilities of each library.
- Available libraries CSSTidy, JSMin, Google Minify or the YUI copmressor.
- Compatible with the merging CSS and JS function of Magento
- Works with any css and js files included in layout files using action methods: addCss, addJs, and addItem (skin_js, skin_css and js)
- Doesn't modifiy your originals files
- Update the optimized files when the original are modified automatically or periodically (cron task)
- Compatible with https website and relative urls. (it fixes a bug in Magento priori to 1.6)
- Create canonical url of your catalog products to prevent duplicate content and improve your SEO
* HTML and CSS validator
- Enable / disable each function
- Use the W3C Webservice validator
- For testing purpose, display at the bottom of each page of your Magento frontend the validation of your CSS or HTML. Don't use both otherwise it will be slow to display each page.
- Allow you to configure default and / or fallback values (doctype, charset, language, ...)
- Allow you to define a local HTML validator server for quickest validation and local development (No local CSS validator server available for the moment). In local development, you need to do it otherwise the W3C Validator could not get access to your local development website if it's on your local computer.
* Canonical URL
Inspired by the module from Yoast, this feature allows you to create canonical urls of your catalog (products, categories, blog, cms page). Please visit the website of Yoast for more information: http://yoast.com/articles/magento-seo/
- If you wish to use YUI Compressor. Java on your server is required. You need to provide in the config the path of the binary if different of the environnement default one.
- For those who use the CommerceBug module, contact me to give you the scripts for it.
- An assistant will be available soon
- Follow the instruction in the configuration page
- In case of Access Denied in the backend: clear your cache, logout/login. In case, it still doesn't work, save again the user role in System > Permissions > Roles.
- 1.5.0: add automatic versioning for merged css/js files
- Version 1.4.0: Move themes files to the folder app/design/frontend/base/default, update yuicompressor to version 2.4.7, generate css/js file per store and not globally
- Version 1.3.0: improve canonical url generation, improve some configuration parameters, remove the option JS Packer because incompatible with Magento
- Version 1.2.0: improve compatibility with compilation feature of Magento, add a js/css flush button directly in the configuration page
- Version 1.1.0: rewrite some classes of the minify libraries to respect PHP 5 and prevent some errors, change the module name, make it compatible with compilation feature of Magento, add canonical url feature for SEO