|Version||Release Date||Change Log|
("Gutentag") = * 5.0 Compat: Hide core author inputs when using the Block Editor to limit confusion (h/t jonathanstegall).
* Fix private post viewing on front-end
* Reduce amount of sleep
* Author search UX issues
* Remove associated guest user when mapped user id deleted.
* Removed double left join on posts_join_filter
* Fixed WP CLI create-terms-for-posts if no co-authors found
* Pages archive now displays coauthors and quick edit works
* Terminology updated throughout
* Replace hardcoded 'author' with $this->$coauthor_taxonomy
* Move parenthesis to fix esc_html and sprintf
* Added progress to create-guest-authors so users have an idea of how long it will take
* Deleting guest authors is less confusing
* Guest author's featured image is avatar now
* Removed extra image sizing
* Remove duplicated byline
* coauthors_wp_list_authors() has option to list only guest authors now
* remove duplicates from linked accounts on coauthors_wp_list_authors()
* Accurate Guest Author post count on linked accounts
* New README.md
* Filter author archive
* Fix coauthors_links_single()
* Added guest author hooks for create/delete
* Fixes logic for DOING_AUTOSAVE check
* user_login spaces problem when using add_coauthors
* Adding details of filter for slow performance
* Remove redundant test for 404 on Author Archive
* Guest Author Counts are more accurate
* Set $coauthors_loading
* Fix the issue where guest authors with non-ASCII characters can't be used as co-authors
* Fix the issue where incompatibility when
(May 16, 2016) = * Hotfix for broken Guest Author bio metabox (props JS Morisset)
Various minor bug and security fixes
(Mar. 20, 2014) = * Bug fix: Co-authors selection UI should appear when creating a new post too.
Manage co-authors from quick edit, Jetpack Open Graph support, bug fixes.
Support for symlink installations, updated French translation, bug fixes.
(Dec. 9, 2013) = * New Swedish translation, courtesy of alundstroem * Updated German translation, courtesy of krafit. * New filter for specifying the default author assigned to a post. Props tannerm * Bug fix: When filtering a user's published post count, use the value of their guest author profile if one is mapped. * Added support for checkboxes in Guest Author profiles * Fix Strict warnings from CPT's that don't define all capabilities * New swap-coauthors CLI command for replacing one co-author with another
(Feb. 18, 2013) = * New filter 'coauthors_search_authors_get_terms_args' allows you to increase the number of matches returned with AJAX co-author selection * Bug fix: If there isn't an author term yet for a co-author, avoid an erronous join that caused duplicate posts to appear.
Bug fixes and the ability to automatically add co-authors to your feeds.
(Dec. 3, 2012) = * Bug fix: The default order for the 'author' taxonomy should be 'term_order', in order for the author positions to stick. Props lgedeon
(Nov. 23, 2012) = * Bug fix: Fall back to non-pretty permalinks when the author permastruct is empty, so that coauthors_posts_links() doesn't link to the homepage
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
(Nov. 12, 2012) = * Create guest author profiles for bylines you'd like to assign without creating WordPress user accounts. Guest authors can have all of the same fields as normal users including display name, biography, and avatars. * Support for non-Latin characters in usernames and guest author names * wp-cli subcommands for creating, assigning, and reassigning co-authors * For themes using core template tags like the_author() or the_author_posts_link(), you enable Co-Authors Plus support with a simple filter * New author terms are now prefixed with 'cap-' to avoid collisions with global scope * Bug fix: Apply query filters to only post_types registered with the taxonomy. Props Tom Ransom * Filter coauthors_posts_link_single() with 'coauthors_posts_link'. Also adds rel="author". Props Amit Sannad and Gabriel Koen * Filter for the context and priorities of the Co-Authors meta boxes. Props Tom Kapler * Renamed the post meta box for selecting authors so it applies to many post types. Props John Blackbourn