- Continue editing flow iterations by adding a line between blocks to insert new content it also works within nested groups.
- Add support for nested templates.
- Allow duplicating a block through a menu button.
- Automatically set a matching block as the default when a post format is set and the post is empty. This continues the path of matching blocks with post formats.
- Add CodeMirror (core library) to the HTML block for syntax highlighting.
- Simplify design presentation of editor header area for better consistency. (Add label for "Preview" action.)
- Introduce new API for allowing plugins to register sidebars. It allows plugins to further extend Gutenberg natively with non-content functionality. Note: the public facing functions are marked as experimental as they are being iterated in the context of the major extensibility work going on outside of blocks.
- Improve the "invalid block" dialog by reducing the options and adding a new convert to blocks feature as we have solidified the transformations.
- Allow adding images to a gallery without going through the media library.
- Show the block appender even if the last block is non empty paragraph.
- Show the side inserter on empty paragraphs within nested blocks.
- Add a script that creates a PHP file based on a POT to make the plugin translatable.
- Refactor float alignment to avoid margin calculations and simplify rendering.
- Support registering and invoking actions in the data module.
- Add hook to validate useOnce blocks.
- Add viewport module. (Showing explorations with data module.)
- Provide a fix for apiRequest in sites configured to use plain permalinks. (Reported several times!)
- Remove specific grammar support for more tag as we consolidate the syntax and reduce weight.
- Move filter for registering block types before validation happens.
- Allow removing the selected image in a gallery block using backspace/delete keys.
- Make saved blocks preview available to keyboard users.
- Refactor reducer enhancers as higher-order reducer creators.
- Refactor query HOC usage with withSelect.
- Refactor API calls in Gutenberg to always use wp.apiRequest.
- Register core blocks on init hook.
- Removed DefaultBlockAppender when a template Lock exits.
- Reduce and simplify float code.
- Refactor and cleanup for the Ellipsis and More Menu components.
- Add focus styles for Windows High Contrast mode.
- Move meta boxes out of the generic editor module.
- Make the "more" tag visible in the Classic block.
- Expose ImagePlaceholder component in wp.blocks.
- Rename TermTreeSelect to TreeSelect and move it to components.
- Reuse isHorizontalEdge for RichText component and remove duplication.
- Improve CSS for gallery caption and avoid UI shifts.
- Use TreeSelect in HierarchicalTermSelector.
- Flatten components modes directory organization.
- Mutate editor store reference in middlewares application.
- Consider term names as case insensitive.
- Resolve an issue where removing a block which had contained inner blocks would not clear those inner blocks from state.
- Make sure block usage is incremented (for calculating frequency and recency) when adding blocks with the side inserter.
- Hide non editor specific notices, pending further improvements.
- Update shortcode block icon.
- Disable post format input if the theme does not support post formats.
- Remove margin from initial insertion point and fix misalignment.
- Polish header for mobile and accommodate other more languages.
- Show taxonomies in the document inspector separately, uncoupling Categories & Tags.
- Improve handling of block toolbar on mobile.
- Fix issue with gallery images not cropping within link wrappers.
- Fix bug in paragraph blocks affecting input behaviour when block is positioned on left or right.
- Fix minor inconsistency with block margins and the default appender.
- Fix description typo in freeform block.
- Fix issue with focus transfering between citation and content.
- Fix issue with floated block toolbar on adjacent floats.
- Fix duplicate upload of media on drag.
- Fix issue that prevented adding new rows or columns in Table block.
- Fix issues with z-index and the sidebar.
- Fix accessibility issues with mover icons.
- Fix issue with default block replace resulting in incorrect order.
- Fix sidebar tab padding.
- Fix certain conflicts with markdown plugins.
- Fix IconButton indent regression.
- Fix issue with self embedding WP posts and the processing of the embed markup.
- Fix extraction of _nx translation function.
- Fix wp.data.query backwards compatibility with props.
- Fix problem with delete key in empty contentEditables.
- Resolve an issue with the data module's unsubscribe behavior which can result in a listener callback being invoked even after its been unsubscribed.
- Remove explicit handling of "bottom reached" within writing flow as redundant.
- Remove invalid reference to WeakMap polyfill.
- Remove unused wpautop fixture files.
- Remove non-functional custom taxonomies meta boxes.
- Remove is- prefix from embed alignment class.
- Switch get_locale() to get_user_locale().
- Remove unnecessary $current_screen code.
- Reduce duplication in 'No saved blocks' and 'No blocks found' component messages.
- Include string extraction in production build.
- Add deprecation helper functions for consistent messaging.
- Improve string cast render test.
- Add Gutenberg svg to docs.
- Add documentation describing block transforms.
- Add documentation for nested template definitions.
- Add documentation for registering sidebar APIs. Move them to extensibility docs.
- Update WordPress packages to the latest versions.
- Block Nesting is live! It comes with an experimental Columns block. (Note: converting a nested block into a reusable block is disabled on this first version.) Furthermore, this is not a specific implementation for columns alone any block author can take advantage of defining nested areas.
- Refined block insertion experience:
- Introduce block shortcuts on every empty paragraph block. This also temporarily disables the sibling inserter as we work on refining this interaction.
- Add trailing text area at the bottom of a post to continue writing.
- Preview saved blocks while hovering on the inserter. Allows users to quickly see what they are inserting before inserting.
- Enable triggering onChange events within RichText component on every keystroke. This was an enforced limitation that prevented saved post checks from being faithful.
- Rework undo levels to use history "buffer" and leverage the mechanism to aid in continuous syncing of RichText history records.
- Collapse the publish sidebar when making edits to a published post automatically.
- Improve writing flow by triggering isTyping mode as soon as the user clicks on the default text appender.
- Hide hover effects when typing.
- Add a confirmation message before reverting a published post to draft.
- When using the inserter, replace the selected block if it's empty.
- Display reusable blocks in the "recent blocks" tab.
- Make sure blue line indicators appear consistently when using dropzones.
- Ensure that hitting enter at the end of a paragraph creates an empty paragraph when using RichText.
- Ensure the block settings menu and the block movers are shown when the default block is selected and user is not typing.
- Deselect individual gallery images when clicking outside the block or selecting another image.
- Add support for setting a page template.
- Add support for individual image captions in galleries.
- Add support for saving a post with Cmd/Ctrl+S shortcuts. This is possible after these RichText changes.
- Support unwrapped paragraph text via native block deprecation mechanism. (Ensures paragraphs without p tags are correctly interpreted.) Also readdresses code that was applying autop selectively on the server for posts made with gutenberg as it is handled at the block level when needed.
- Add raw handling (pasting mechanism) for iframes (e.g. Google Maps).
- Allow WP to make images responsive via class.
- Drop focus/setFocus props in favor of isSelected prop.
- New PlainText component for raw content that is styled as editable text. Renamed Editable to RichText for extra clarity and separation.
- Add RawHTML component, drop support for HTML string block save.
- Absorb multiple-image uploads in generic image placeholder component and reuse it for galleries.
- Refactor Default Colors and the ColorPalette component. Moves the default colors to the frontend making the Editor script more reusable without the need of the server-side bootstraping.
- Reimplement block alignment as a common extension.
- Use block API functions in reusable block effects.
- Check for duplication in addGeneratedClassName.
- Assign default for all allowed blockTypes.
- Update ToggleControl to pass boolean onChange.
- Add withSafeTimeout higher-order component.
- Expose getEditedPostAttribute selector.
- Move selected block focus to BlockListBlock.
- Allow themes to disable custom color functionality across blocks.
- Added slug selector to data modules collection.
- Defer registration of all core blocks until editor loads. Generally useful for extensibility hooks.
- Add a subscribe function to the editor data module. Also, separate reducers into multiple stores to avoid unallowed access to the actions.
- Support multiple stores in data module for the redux dev tools.
- Expose registered selectors as functions.
- Remove Popover isOpen prop, render by presence.
- Fix issue with store persistence and switching to fixed toolbar.
- Fix issue with formatting toolbar hover.
- Fix block menu render when multi-selecting.
- Fix TinyMCE custom buttons width in Classic block.
- Fix sidebar tab admin theme regression.
- Fix center alignment on resized images.
- Fix some float issues.
- Fix type error when merging blocks.
- Fix regression when converting gallery from shortcode.
- Fix unset variable in meta-boxes functions.
- Fix code error in blocks-control.md.
- Fix loss of focus when navigating from multi-selection.
- Fix scrollbars on blank preview loading screen.
- Fix broken nested lists and Evernote test in pasting functionality.
- Fix lingering dropzone placeholder at the end of the editor.
- Fix Button block line break presentation.
- Fix lingering visual editor classes.
- Fix codepen embeds width.
- Fix merging blocks after nested blocks refactoring.
- Fix Cypress path checks to allow sub-directory.
- Fix error when pasting image inside caption.
- Fix some issues when pasting from Word.
- Fix bug when pasting content with custom styles in a paragraph block.
- Fix image caption select behaviour.
- Fix broken nested content caused by overly aggressive cache.
- Fix issue with comments and pingbacks being set to off on new posts.
- Fix regression with RichText placeholder whitespace.
- Fix incorrect directory to load text domain.
- Fix issue with quote to heading transformation.
- Fix focus transfer between citation and content.
- Fix gallery link attribute selector.
- Attempt to correct Slack's Markdown code block variant.
- Disable customClassName support on Classic block.
- Avoid autofocus behavior for blocks without focusable elements.
- Ignore focus if explicitOriginalTarget is not node (Firefox issue).
- Extract "edit-post" to its own module this is preparation work for the eventual template editor in v2 onwards.
- Remove redundant handling of inserter position, simplifying the implementation for nesting.
- Prioritize specific block handling over generic shortcode catch-all transform.
- Avoid running a full-parse when rendering a post, instead only intercepting dynamic blocks to handle their callbacks.
- Ensure string return value from render_callback.
- Avoid parameters in memoized selectors getDependants.
- Guard against falsey block container in WritingFlow.
- Refactor BlockList to use minimal block UIDs array.
- Pass selection start as UID in BlockList to prevent unnecessary rerenders.
- Refactor TableOfContents panel to separate component for performance improvements.
- Restore new post setup as non-dirtying change. This resolves an issue where saving a new post which has an empty title will set the title as "Auto Draft".
- Center spinner when images are loading in the gallery block.
- Use isTypingInBlock to avoid unnecessary block rerenders.
- Add the i18n messages to the built plugin.
- General design improvements to the full-post code editor. Also removes the dummy quicktag buttons that were non-functional.
- Only start multi selection from inside the content.
- Cache columns layouts configurations.
- General polish to the Classic block and some quote block style errors.
- Remove wrapper from image raw transform and added tests.
- Make sure reusable blocks models exist before initializing.
- Persist withFocusOutside event for async usage.
- Pass selected block UID as string on WritingFlow.
- Add label to range control.
- Remove throttling inputs on RichText.
- Replace global hover state with local component state. This reduces excesive dispatching of mouse events.
- Simplify Editor State initialization using a single action to fix undo/redo initialization.
- Access state paths directly in selector dependants for getBlock.
- Refactor insertion point to include rootUID and layout.
- Set new post status to draft in initialization.
- Strip comment demarcations in content filtering for the front-end after refactoring work.
- Improve presentation of List block.
- Optimize getMultiSelectedBlocks by returning shared array reference in empty multi-selection.
- Increase maximum number of recent blocks to nine in order to accommodate the current design.
- Avoid cases of rerendering when the previous or next block updates.
- Restore missing selectionStart props in BlockList.
- Improve edit and insert link label display.
- Extract copy and scroll-into-view logic to separate non-visual components in BlockList.
- Make sure that styles do not contain duplicates in development mode.
- Use trivial block count check to determine emptiness.
- Use proper labels provided by the rest API on taxonomies.
- Use menu order to order pages in the parent page dropdown.
- Persist link attribute to fix invalid galleries.
- Update the Dashicons component with new icons.
- Use correct label on Featured Image Panel.
- Small improvement to the meta-box partial page file.
- Delete unused global import in gutenberg_menu function.
- Improve serialize persistence action name.
- Improve logic around replacing the editor in PHP.
- Improve consistency of tooltips text.
- Improve sandbox component readme.
- Improve gutenberg_intercept_* functions.
- Improve "Add New" button logic.
- Revert updates giving Meta Boxes' #poststuff div a broader scope.
- Simplify "New Post" button logic.
- Simplify scripts registration.
- Replace focus with isSelected verification on hooks.
- Automate memoized selector setup clear.
- Consolidate module build JS, CSS, map inclusion.
- Remove unused code after WP 4.9.
- Update deprecated BlockDescription in Subhead.
- Add doc explaining the deprecated block API. (Handbook.)
- Add doc for Editable component (now RichText).
- Document block validation, clarify extensibility validation.
- JSDoc: prefer @return over @retuns.
- Integrate dependencies from WordPress packages. Brings wp-scriptsinto gutenberg.
- Move components in wp.blocks.InspectorControls to wp.components.
- Add lint:fix ESLint "fix" npm script.
- Add an eslint --fix Git precommit hook.
- Add reusable block render tests.
- Add tests for ContrastChecker component.
- Add mention to create-guten-block repo.
- Add partial test coverage to RichText component.
- Add first version of repository management doc.
- Assign preferred JSDoc tags and types.
- Assign edit-post global as wp.editPost.
- Assign explicit user for Docker WordPress install in tests.
- Mention installing docker-compose in local dev setup.
- Update refx to version 3.x.
- Update memize and rememo dependencies.
- Code is Poetry footer to main readme.
- Iterate on the design of up/down arrows and how focus is managed. This seeks to further reduce the visual and cognitive weight of the up/down movers.
- Show immediate visual feedback when dragging and dropping images into the editor. (Expands on the previous release work.)
- Expose state through data module using selectors. This is an important piece of the extensibility puzzle.
- New button outline and focus styles.
- Show original block icon after converting to reusable block. Also hides the generic reusable block from inserters. This moves data logic out of the inserter.
- Introduce a migration function for block versioning.
- Add HTML handler to dropzone. Allows drag and dropping images from other web pages directly.
- Trigger typing mode when ENTER or BACKSPACE are pressed. This improves the writing flow but engaging the UI-less mode more frequently.
- Added ability to align the text content of a cover image to the right, left, or center of the image.
- Refactor CopyContentButton as a core extension to illustrate how to add functionality to the editor outside of blocks.
- Allow collapsing/sorting meta-boxes panels.
- Remove dirty-checking from meta-boxes state, fixes issues with default values and updating certain text fields.
- Defer registration of all core blocks until editor loads. Improves ability to hook into registerBlockType.
- Only trigger select block action when block is unselected.
- Try new markup for Galleries using lists.
- Try new subheading editorial block.
- Reduce sibling inserter initial height.
- Force an update when a new filter is added or removed while using withFilters higher-order component. This improves the rendering flow of filters.
- Refactor the MediaUploadButton to be agnostic to its rendered UI.
- Change "size" label to "level" in Heading block settings.
- Remove breaking spaces logic on List block.
- Update progress button color state based on theme used.
- Update Video block description.
- Refactor the multi-selection behavior to dispatch the multi-selection start action only after the cursor begins to move after a mousedown event.
- Avoid persisting mobile and publish sidebars.
- Move drag handling to instance-bound handler.
- Remove "Open in new window" link option.
- Use username slug instead of name and remove ephemeral link from it.
- Ensure isLoading set to false after request error.
- Allow copying individual text from a block that is not purely text without copying the whole block.
- Match consistency of tooltip text with Classic Editor.
- Fix issue with Lists having additional lines when used in a reusable block.
- Fix errors when adding duplicate tags.
- Fix inconsistency with applyOrUnset().
- Fix incorrect display when loading a saved block with no content.
- Fix issue where black rectangle would briefly blink on new paragraphs.
- Fix cursor jumps in link-editing dialog.
- Fix post content validation.
- Fix scrolling issues around nav menus.
- Remove Vine embed support as it's no longer supported.
- Ensure editor still exists after timeout.
- Add regression check for block edit interface using snapshots.
- Add missing alt attributes to image (and gallery) blocks when alt returns an empty value.
- Better build tools with Docker.
- Register Gutenberg scripts & styles before enqueuing.
- Force wp-api.js to use HTTP/1.0 for better compatibility.
- Avoid the deprecated (from 5.0 to 5.2) is_a() function.
- Remove unused dependency.
- Update contributing instructions with steps.
- Consistency cleanup in doc return statements.
- Include how to assign a template to a default Post Type in the documentation. Also add more context to the code.
- Improve incremental development build performance by only minimizing -rtl files for production builds.
- More JSDoc fixes.
- Remove warning from plugin header.
- Add new page explaining how to create a block using WP-CLI.
- Add security reporting instructions.
- Improve useOnce documentation.
- Bump copyright year to 2018 in license.md.
- Disable Travis branch builds except for master.
- Replace publish dropdown menu with a sidebar panel.
- Expand latest post blocks with more querying options order by and category.
- Allow dragging multiple images to create a gallery.
- Improve markdown pasting (allows lists to be interpreted).
- Allow pasting copied images directly.
- Pasting within lists and headings.
- Improve handling of inline spans.
- Allow copying a single block.
- Make sure inline pasting mechanism does not take place if pasting shortcodes.
- Preserve alignment classes during raw transformations (like pasting an old WordPress post).
- Support shortcode synonyms.
- Allow continued writing when pressing down arrow at the end of a post.
- Mobile design: move block controls to the bottom of a block.
- Allow deleting reusable blocks globally.
- Display description and type on the sidebar. (Also replace BlockDescription component with a property.)
- New table of contents and document counts design.
- Add button to copy the full document quickly.
- Expand inserter to three columns and a wider container.
- Allow using down-arrow keys directly to navigate when searching a block in the inserter.
- Deselect images in Gallery block when losing focus.
- Include post title in document outline feature.
- Rework display of notices and address various issues with overlaps.
- Added keyboard shortcut to toggle editor mode. Also displays the relevant keyboard combination next to the menu item.
- Improve deleting empty paragraphs when backspacing into a block that has no merge function (example, deleting a paragraph after an image).
- Improve the way scroll-position is updated when moving a block.
- Show block transformations in ellipsis menu.
- Add drag and drop support for cover image.
- Allow transforming operations between Heading and Cover Image blocks.
- Add focus outline for blocks that don't have focusable fields.
- Allow both navigation orientations in NavigableContainer.
- Improve the behavior of focusing embed blocks.
- Unify UI of audio and video blocks.
- Show message on the inserter when no blocks are found.
- Show message when no saved blocks are available.
- Do not show the publish panel when updating / scheduling / submitting a post.
- Update quote style in front-end.
- Convert text columns to a div using grid layout.
- Update button block CSS and add class to link.
- Allow text in Button block to wrap.
- Prevent useOnce blocks from being inserted using the convenient blocks shortcut menu.
- Show correct symbol ( or Ctrl) depending on system context.
- Rename "insert" to "add" in the UI.
- Clear block selection when opening sibling or bottom inserter.
- Always show the insertion point when the inserter is opened.
- Increase padding on "more options" block toggle.
- Rename "Classic Text" to "Classic".
- Improve display of dotted outline around reusable blocks.
- Updated messages around reusable blocks interactions.
- Align both the quote and the citation in the visual editor.
- Exit edit mode when unfocusing a reusable block.
- Set floated image width (when unresized) in % value.
- Add withState higher-order component.
- Initial introduction of wp.data module.
- Restrict the state access to the module registering the reducer only.
- Refactor PostSchedule to make Calendar and Clock available as reusable components.
- Allow overwriting colors (defaults and theme provided) when consuming ColorPalette component.
- Switch orientation of popover component only if there is more space for the new position.
- New ImagePlaceholder reusable component that handles upload buttons and draggable areas for the block author.
- Add speak message when a category is added.
- Announce notices to assertive technologies with speak.
- Add aria-labels to Code and HTML blocks.
- Warn if multiple h1 headings are being used.
- Add speak message and make "block settings" button label dynamic.
- Make excerpt functionality more accessible.
- Add various headings around editor areas for screen-readers.
- Improve accessibility of menu items in the main ellipsis menu.
- Add missing tooltips to icon buttons.
- Render toolbar always by the block on mobile.
- Improve performance of responsive calculations using matchMedia.
- Avoid shifts around toolbar and scrolling issues on mobile.
- Improve how the fixed-to-block toolbar looks on mobile. Change how the fixed position toolbars behave, making them sticky.
- Prevent Mobile Safari from zooming the entire page when you open the inserter.
- Initial explorations to migrate to server-registered blocks as part of raising awareness of available blocks.
- Move supportHTML property into the general "support" object.
- Replace getLatestPosts usage with withAPIData HOC.
- Convert all filters for components to behave like HOCs (withFilters).
- Replace flowRight usage with compose for HOCs.
- Apply filters without function wrappers.
- Improve Tags/Categories response size by limiting the requested fields.
- Limit requested fields in category feature of "latest posts".
- Request only required post fields in latest posts.
- Replace getCategories usage with withAPIData component.
- Don't show fields that are not used in media modal when adding a featured image.
- Polish inserter tabs so the focus style isn't clipped.
- Make inspector controls available when categories are loading.
- Improve overlay over meta-boxes during save operations.
- Hide excerpts panel if not supported by the CPT.
- Hide Taxonomies panel if no taxonomy is available for the current CPT.
- Hide several other panels when the CPT doesn't support them.
- Use _.includes to find available taxonomies. Mitigates non-schema-conforming taxonomy registrations.
- Defer applying filters for component until it is about to be mounted.
- Prevent "Add New" dropdown from overriding other plugin functionality.
- Improve paragraph block description.
- Refactor to simplify block toolbar rendering.
- Add missing aligment classes to cover image.
- Add parent page dropdown to page attributes panel.
- Allow pressing ENTER to change Reusable Block name.
- Disable HTML mode for reusable blocks.
- Add support for the "advanced" meta-box location.
- Make sure super admins can publish in any site of the network.
- Rename theme support for wide images to align-wide.
- Move selectors and actions files to the store folder.
- Center arrows of popovers relative to their parent.
- Use fainter disabled state.
- Add breakpoint grid to latest posts block and update color of date.
- Move logic for auto-generating the block class name to BlockEdit.
- Respect the "enter_title_here" hook.
- Prevent meta-box hooks from running multiple times.
- Don't set font-family on pullquotes.
- Remove superfluous parentheses from include statements.
- Remove redundant CSS property updates.
- Use "columns-x" class only for grid layout in latest posts.
- Use flatMap for mapping toolbar controls for a small performance gain.
- Introduce jest matchers for console object.
- Updated various npm packages; update Jest. Update node-sass. Update WordPress packages.
- Switch TinyMCE to unpkg.
- Reorganize handbook docs navigation.
- Added FAQ section for meta-boxes compatibility.
- Added initial "templates" document.
- Add documentation about dynamic blocks.
- Updated "outreach" docs.
- Improve block-controls document.
- Display a hint that files need to be built.
- Add WordPress JSDoc ESLint configuration.
- Update licenses in package.json & composer.json to adhere to SPDX v3.0 specification.
- Add tests to cover REQUEST_POST_UPDATE_SUCCESS effect.
- Add tests for color palette component.
- Add tests for Editable.getSettings and adaptFormatter.
- Use newly published jest-console package in test setup.
- Update info about test fixtures generation.
- Also style footer in quote blocks to ensure backwards compatibility.
- Add a PHPUnit Docker Container.
- Fix wrong "return to editor" link when comparing revisions.
- Fix error when pressing enter from a heading block.
- Fix error with merging lists into paragraphs.
- Fix revisions button target area.
- Remove duplicated styles.
- Fix z-index rebase issues.
- Fix tag name warning ordering in validation.
- Fix text encoding of titles in url-input.
- Fix endless loop in reusable blocks code.
- Fix edit button in Audio block using invalid buttonProps attribute.
- Fix block creation with falsey default attribute.
- Fix radio control checked property.
- Fix styling issues of blocks when they are used as part of a reusable block.
- Fix list wrapping issues.
- Fix problem when converting shortcodes due to sorting.
- Fix issue with time-picker not working.
- Fix hide advanced settings interaction in block menu.
- Fix issue with url input on images.
- Fix style regression in textual placeholder on cover image.
- Fix return type hint in gutenberg_get_rest_link().
- Fix bug when changing number of Latests Posts rapidly was leading to some numbers being defunct.
- Fix isInputField check and add tests.
- Fix unsetting block alignment flagging block as invalid.
- Fix CSS bleed from admin-specific gallery styles.
- Fix image handlers at the top from being unclickable.
- Fix unexpected keyboard navigations behaviour on some nodes.
- Fix inserter position for floated blocks.
- Fix bug on empty cover image placeholder used on a saved block.
- Fix errors when adding duplicate categories.
- Fix broken custom color bubble in ColorPalette.
- Fix error in Safari when loading Gutenberg with meta boxes present
- Fix error / incompatibility with Yoast SEO Premium terms display
- Resolve incorrect modal and tooltip layering
- Remove unintended commas from Page Options content
- Introducing reusable global blocks. (Stored in a wp_blocks post type.)
- Add ability to lock down the editor when using templates so edits can happen but blocks can't be removed, moved, nor added.
- Handle and upgrade deprecated blocks. This allows to migrate attributes without invalidating blocks and an important part of the block API.
- Drag and drop upload support to gallery block.
- Expose packages/hooks public API under wp.hooks.
- Introduces withFilters higher-order component to make component filtering easier.
- Introduces getWrapperDisplayName helper function to make debugging React tree easier.
- Introduces compose function to unify composing higher-order components.
- Exposes hook for Block component.
- Updated demo post with a nicer presentation for people to test with.
- Added automated RTL support.
- Convert unknown shortcodes to Shortcode block when pasting.
- Avoid splitting blocks during rich text pasting.
- Disable block selection when resizing image.
- Prefetch meta-boxes and don't reload them on save.
- Support for all admin color schemes.
- Close sidebar when resizing from non mobile breakpoints to mobile sizes.
- Apply content autop disabling filter before do_blocks. Also fixes case where server-side rendered blocks produce extraneous whitespace in output.
- Use cite element instead of footer for quote and pull-quote source markup.
- Respect recency order when displaying Recent blocks.
- Update the behavior of notices reducer to respect ID as a unique identifier, removing duplicate entries.
- Improve quote to paragraph transformations. Fixes cases where quote would be split into two.
- Use two flex rows instead of one wrapped row in Url modal for cleaner and more consistent display.
- Avoid restricting endpoints to /wp/v2 in withApiData.
- Remove duplicated and simplify inserter between blocks styles.
- Remove unnecessary padding on top of editor when fixed toolbar is off.
- Avoid intercepting rendering of removed meta boxes.
- Replace redux-responsive with a simpler custom alternative, fixing a bug with IE11.
- Fix issues with bullet-point positioning affecting block display.
- Fix meta attributes selector not returning the correct value if edited.
- Fix inconsistent animation on settings button.
- Fix style issues on Custom HTML block's toolbar.
- Fix broken styles in "edit as HTML" mode.
- Fix image block description when no image is set.
- Fix horizontal overflow for selects with long names in sidebar.
- Fix case where link modal closes upon typing into UrlInput when toolbar is docked to the paragraph.
- Fix webpack config issue on Node 6.
- Fix issue with vertical arrow keys leaking to horizontal menu when toolbar is fixed to block.
- Fix keyboard trap in the form token component and improve accessibility.
- Fix React warning when saving reusable blocks.
- Fix issue with horizontal arrow key closing link dialog in fixed toolbar mode.
- Fix image resize handlers in RTL mode.
- Prevent "Add New" dropdown from overriding other plugin functionality.
- Split Sass variables file into multiple files.
- Updated blue links for better contrast.
- Resolve notice when template variable is not set.
- Added unit tests for row panel, color panel (snapshot), and warning components.
- Add unit tests for editor actions (with further cleanup).
- Added snapshots tests for BlockControls.
- Added documentation for Editable component.
- Avoid caching vendor directory in Travis.
- Add document on snapshot testing.
- Add node and npm version check before build gets started.
- Update cypress and use the newly introduced Cypress.platform functionality.
- Improve composer.json setup.
- Improve testing overview document.
- Add ability to switch published post back to draft.
- Fix issue with when changing column count in "text columns" block.
- Prioritize common items in the autocomplete inserter.
- Avoid changing publish/update button label when saving draft.
- Add bottom padding to the editor container to improve experience of writing long posts.
- Adjust the Classic block toolbar so it's doesn't jump.
- Colorize the little arrow on the left of the admin menu to white to match body content.
- Abort focus update when editor is not yet initialized.
- Update autocomplete suggestions colors to have a sufficient color contrast ratio.
- Introduce block-templates as a list of blocks specification. Allows a custom post type to define a pre-configured set of blocks to be render upon creation of a new item.
- New tools menu design, preparing the way for more extensibility options.
- Block API change: use simpler JS object notation for declaring attribute sources.
- Add function to allow filtering allowed block types.
- Show popovers full screen on mobile, improving several mobile interactions.
- Began work on publishing flow improvements with an indication of publishing (or updating a published post) action by introducing a button state and label updates.
- Made docked-toolbar the default after different rounds of feedback and testing. Both options are still present.
- Provide mechanism for plugin authors to fallback to classic editor when registering meta-boxes. Also includes the ability to disable a specific meta-box in the context of Gutenberg alone.
- Updated color pickers with color indications and collapsible panels.
- Update icon and tooltip for table of contents menu.
- Added contrast checker for paragraph color options.
- Improve pasting plaintext and shortcode data.
- Convert unknown shortcode into shortcode block when pasting.
- Updated notices design and positioning.
- Move the URL handler when pasting to the raw handler mechanism.
- Define custom classNames support for blocks using the new extensibility hooks with opt-out behaviour.
- Add reusable blocks state effects.
- Remove sibling inserter from inside multi-selection blocks.
- Image block alt text enhancements.
- Increase minimum width and height of resized images.
- Allow using escape key to deselect a multi-selection.
- Preserve settings when rebooting from crash.
- Improve structure of store persist mechanism.
- Extract reusable BlockList component to allow nesting compositions.
- Extract BlockToolbar, BlockMover, BlockSwitcher, PostTitle, WritingFlow, TableOfContents, Undo/Redo Buttons, MultiBlockSwitcher, PostPublishWithDropdown, KeyboardShortcuts, DocumentOutlineCheck, PostTrashCheck, Notices, as reusable components.
- Consolidate block naming requirements.
- Avoid persisting sidebar state on mobile devices.
- Ensure backwards compatibility to matchers syntax.
- Show untitled posts as (no title) in url auto-complete.
- Extract fixedToolbar as a prop of BlockList.
- Restore insertion point blue line.
- Display outline tree even if only one heading is used.
- Allow media upload button to specify a custom title (and fix grammar issue).
- Fix issue with block mover showing on top of url input.
- Fix case where tooltips would get stuck on buttons.
- Fix transformations between quote and list blocks.
- Fix issue with converting empty classic text to multiple blocks.
- Fix issue with audio block not updating the toolbar area.
- Fix contrast issues in button block.
- Fix change detection to maintain multiple instances of state.
- Fix text columns focus style.
- Fix embed category example in docs.
- Fix button link modal not closing.
- Fix styling issue with sibling inserter.
- Fix alignment of block toolbar in wide and full-width.
- Fix issue when inserting image with empty caption.
- Fix issue with sibling inserter not appearing in IE11.
- Fix issue when inserting pullquotes.
- Fix horizontal scrollbar when floating images to the left.
- Fix alignment issue with embed videos.
- Drop withContext optional mapSettingsToProps and fix issue when inserting new image.
- Require @wordpress import path for application entry points.
- Resolve errors in IE11 when using the inserter.
- Added tests for Notice and UrlInput components.
- Added tests for DefaultBlockAppender.
- Log debugging messages for invalid blocks.
- Reduce build size significantly by fixing import statements.
- Update re-resizeable dependency.
- Initial document page for extensibility purposes.
- Added documentation for Editable component.
- Move all components related to the specific post-edit page into its own folder.
- Introduce snapshots for testing.
- Add toggle to switch between top-level toolbar and toolbars attached to each block. We have gotten great feedback on the benefits of both approaches and want to expand testing of each.
- Ability to transform multiple-selected blocks at once multiple images into a gallery, multiple paragraphs into lists.
- Add @-mention autocomplete for users in a site.
- Add data layer for reusable blocks and wp_blocks post type name.
- Allow pasting standalone images and uploading them (also supports pasting base64 encoded images).
- Allow block nesting from a parser point of view. This is the foundation for handling nested blocks in the UI.
- Full design update to focus styles around the UI.
- Block Extensibility (Hooks): filters may inspect and mutate block settings before the block is registered using hooks available at wp.blocks.addFilter. Testing with internal functionality first.
- Moved docs to https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/handbook/
- Refactor "changed post" functionality into higher order component and fix issue with wrongly reporting unsaved changes.
- Refactor meta-boxes to render inline, without iframes.
- Disable auto-p for block based posts, solving various issues around conflicting paragraph structures, freeform content, and text blocks.
- Placed "table of contents" button in the header area and disable when there are no blocks in the content.
- Redesigned the button block with inline URL field.
- Improve performance by refactoring block-multi-controls out of VisualEditorBlock.
- Replace react-slot-fill with our own first-party implementation. Part one, and part two for better handling of event bubbling within portals.
- Improve autocomplete behaviour by using focus outside utility. This solves an issue with selecting items on mobile.
- Capture and recover from application errors, offering the option to copy the existing contents to the clipboard.
- Expose editor reusable components. These will allow editor variations to be constructed with more ease.
- Add polyfill for permalink_structure option to wp-json. (Corresponding trac ticket.) Several REST API compat issues are going to be addressed like this. This allows Gutenberg to implement permalink editing.
- Unslash post content before parsing during save, fixing bugs with block attributes.
- Keyboard navigation overhaul of the inserter with accessibility improvements (accessing tabs, etc).
- Add paragraph count to table of contents element.
- General Navigable family of components.
- Add contrast checker message when color combinations are hard to read.
- Add "no posts found" message to latest posts block.
- Improve color highlight selection and browser consistency.
- Add aria-expanded attribute to settings button.
- Add loading message to preview window.
- Extract PostFeaturedImage, PostLastRevision, PostComments, PostTaxonomies, PageAttributes, PostTextEditor, BlockInspector, into reusable modules.
- Collapse advanced block controls by default.
- Update max number of columns when removing an image from a gallery.
- Prevent the post schedule component from having invalid dates.
- Make sure the inspector for a gallery block is shown when it has just one image.
- Accessibility improvements for inline autocomplete components.
- Update caption color for contrast.
- Update visual display of the "remove x" button on gallery-items.
- Improve classic block toolbar display and behaviour.
- Dismiss tooltip when clicking a button or when wrapper node becomes disabled.
- Restore block movers on floated items.
- Add spacing around date and label.
- Adjust raw handler "mode" option for readability.
- Improve e2e testing performance.
- Add fixture for undelimited freeform block.
- Hold jQuery ready only when there are metaboxes and ignore advanced ones.
- Make sure image size values are integers.
- Fix floated gallery styles in the front-end.
- Fix issue with image block not loading properly.
- Fix issue with missing function in IE11.
- Fix transformation of empty images into gallery and back.
- Fix overflow issues on mobile.
- Fix accidental block hover on iOS.
- Fix toolbar state issue with slot-fill utility.
- Fix case of too many undo levels building up.
- Fix stylesheet load ordering issue.
- Prevent input events from URLInput from being captured by Editable.
- Force onChange to be updated with TinyMCE content before merge.
- Polish heading toolbar buttons.
- Remove image resizing on mobile.
- Remove findDOMNode usage from Autocomplete component.
- Rename references of rawContent as innerHTML.
- Add tests and handle empty fills in slot-fill.
- Add tests for block mover.
- Add multi-select e2e test and fix issue with escape key.
- Bump node version to active LTS.
- Update TinyMCE to 4.7.2, fixing several bugs like toolbar flickering, visible placeholders when there is text, navigation breaks when encountering format boundaries, typing in FF after starting a bullet-list.
- Handle pasting shortcodes and converting to blocks.
- Show loading message when opening preview.
- Fix inline pasting (auto-link feature).
- Fix undoing multi-selection delete operation.
- Remove focus state after a selection is finished during multi-select.
- Remove the "command" shortcut to navigate to the editor toolbar.
- Move the block toolbar to the editor's top header. This experiment seeks to reduce the presence of UI obscuring content.
- Alternate style for block boundaries and multi-selection. Also engages "edit" mode when using arrow keys (hides UI).
- Complete rework of arrow keys navigation between blocksfaster, clearer, and respects caret position while traversing text blocks.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to navigate regions.
- Implement multi-selection mode using just arrow with shift keys and support horizontal arrows.
- Suggest a post format for additional blocks (embeds, gallery, audio, video) and expand on the heuristics to include case of one format-block at the top plus a paragraph of text below as valid.
- Allow converting a classic block (post) into several Gutenblocks.
- Several performance improvements
- * Avoid re-rendering all blocks on selection changes.
- * Add memoization for multi-select selectors.
- * Rework implementation of blockRef to avoid render cascade from block list.
- * Use flatMap when allocating the block list for rendering.
- * Reorganize logic to determine when a post can be saved to be less expensive.
- Refactor handling of revisions to avoid loading them up-front, significantly reducing load time on long posts with many revisions.
- Further memoization on selectors based on specific state keys.
- Render meta-boxes as part of the main column, not as a collapsible box.
- Improve handling of undo action stack by resetting only on setup. This makes undo a lot more usable in general.
- Changes to block inserter design positioning tabs at the top. (1.5.1)
- Remove multi-select buffer zone and throttle delay for a faster response.
- API for handling custom formats/tokens in Editable.
- Improve withApiData component to be able to serve cached data (if available) during an initial render.
- Show block toolbar in HTML mode for mobile.
- Update Shortcode block to use a textarea instead of single line input.
- Increase width of invalid block message.
- Avoid redirecting to Gutenberg when saving on classic editor. (1.5.2)
- Don't show "edit as HTML" for the Code and Shortcode blocks.
- Refactor notices state reducer as array optimizing performance.
- Disable front-end styles for basic quote block.
- Reorganize the meta-boxes components for code clarity.
- Extract reusable PostSticky, PostFormat, PostPendingStatus, PostAuthor, PostTrash, PostExcerpt components.
- Resolve issue with having to tab twice on the toolbar due to focusReturn utility interfering with button tooltips.
- Reset min-width of Tooltip component.
- Avoid function instantiation in render of WritingFlow component.
- Add the gutenberg_can_edit_post_type filter for plugins to add or remove support for custom post types.
- Update header toolbar keyboard navigation to include undo and redo buttons.
- Don't show the classic editor dropdown on unsupported post types.
- Drop resizable-box in favor of re-resizable to use in the image block resize handlers.
- Correct placement of link-dialog after moving toolbar to the top.
- Adjust revisions logic to link to latest entry.
- Allow editable to accept aria attributes.
- Add generic focus effect to popovers.
- Remove unused focus prop from Button component.
- Remove core namespace from demo content.
- Enable iOS smooth scrolling within scroll containers.
- Make sure link menu appears above sibling inserter.
- Improve layout paneling for short-height viewports.
- Fix problem with multi-select not working again after a group of blocks has been moved.
- Fix problem with deleting a block in HTML mode.
- Fix issue with keyboard navigation entering textareas (non contentEditable) and losing caret position.
- Fix issue where clicking on an item within autocomplete would dismiss the popover and not select anything.
- Fix visual issue with the document info popover. (1.5.2)
- Fix bug with deleting featured image on a post.
- Fix error with removing a block placeholder.
- Fix problem with FF and meta-boxes.
- Fix issue with Classic Text description showing all the time.
- Fix issue with the color picker width.
- Fix quick inserter display of custom block icons.
- Fix missing node check when blurring a paragraph block.
- Warn about misuses of z-index mappings.
- Make use of the "build stages" feature in the travis config file.
- Upgrade ESLint dependencies.
- Move test configuration files to test/unit.
- Add easy local environment setup and Cypress e2e tests.
- Add the
gutenberg_can_edit_post_type filter for plugins to add or remove support for custom post types.
- Fix Classic Editor redirecting to Gutenberg when saving a post.
- Fix Classic Editor dropdown showing on post types that don't support Gutenberg.
- Fix Classic Editor dropdown hiding behind notices.
- Fix an issue with collapsing popover content.
- New design for the inserter with tabs at the top and more space for text.
- Fix problem with Firefox and the meta-boxes resize script.
- Fix issue with Classic Text description showing without focus.
- Set Gutenberg as the default editor (still allow creating new posts in Classic Editor).
- Add metabox supportthis is an initial pass at supporting existing meta-boxes without intervention.
- Display inserter button between blocks.
- Improve block navigation performance.
- Hide core namespace in comment serialization. wp:core/gallery becomes wp:gallery.
- Implement a dropdown for Publish flow.
- Allow multiselect to work on shift-click.
- Insert new block from title on enter.
- Use a dropdown for the block menu (settings, delete, edit as HTML).
- Add expandable panel for post visibility.
- Add expandable panel for post scheduling.
- Implement more inline formatting boundaries.
- Better clearing of block selection.
- Show placeholder hint for slash autocomplete on new text blocks.
- Remove multi-selection header in favor of default block controls (mover and menu).
- Allow blocks to disable HTML edit mode.
- Adjust transition and delay of inserter between blocks.
- Added text color option for button block.
- Hide extended settings if sidebar is closed.
- New embed icons.
- Move the store initialization to a dedicated component.
- Improve scroll position of scrollable elements.
- Drop undefined blocks from recent blocks.
- Update HTML block description.
- Update embed block description.
- Add description for classic block.
- PHPCS-specific improvements.
- Add a default block icon.
- Adjust line height of classic text to match paragraph blocks.
- Adjust filter order in classic block so plugins that extend it can work properly.
- Set textarea value as prop and not children.
- Fix mobile issues with block setting menu.
- Fix undefined colors warning.
- Fix broken upload button on image placeholder.
- Fix post edit URL when saving a post/page/CPT.
- Fix conflict with new TinyMCE version and heading blocks.
- Tweak block sibling element for better target surface.
- Avoid loading Gutenberg assets on non-Gutenberg pages.
- Adjust Jest configuration.
- Document supportAnchor in block API.
- Updated TinyMCE to latest.
- Document block name usage in serialization and add example of serialized block.
- Updated FAQ section.
- Upgrade React and Enzyme dependencies.
- Redesigned the header area of the editor for claritygroups content actions in the left, and post action in the right.
- Initial REST API infrastructure for reusable global blocks.
- Group block settings (delete, inspector, edit HTML) on an ellipsis button.
- Added new reusable Dropdown component.
- Show frequently used blocks in the inserter shortcuts (at the bottom of the post).
- Offer option for the button block to clear content.
- Refactor block toolbar component in preparation for some iterations (docked toolbar, for example).
- Allow partial URLs in link input.
- Avoid using state for tracking arrow key navigation in WritingFlow to prevent re-renders.
- Improve mobile header after design cleanup.
- Add focusReturn for Dropdown component.
- Updated Audio block markup to use figure element.
- Removed transition on multi-select affecting the perception of speed of the interaction.
- Show Gallery block description even if there are no images.
- Persist custom class names.
- Merge initialization actions into a single action.
- Fix scroll position when reordering blocks.
- Fix case where the responsive treatment of the header area was hiding valuable actions.
- Fix focus styles on the inserter.
- Fix submenu visibility issue for certain users.
- Cleanup no longer used code.
- Document useOnce block API feature.
- Add an opacity range slider to the cover image block.
- Offer the option to convert a single block to an HTML block when conflicting content is detected.
- Persist recently used blocks through sessions.
- Added support for pasting plain text markdown content and converting to blocks.
- The block inspector groups features and settings in expandable panels.
- Accessibility improvements to the color palette component.
- Added a feedback link in the Gutenberg side menu.
- Use expandable panels for advanced block features (class name and anchor).
- Removed touch listeners from multi select.
- Added block descriptions to blocks that didnt have them.
- Allow stored values to be updated with new defaults.
- Refactor image block to use withApiData and fix issues with .tiff images.
- Clean up non inline elements when pasting inline content.
- Remove unused code in BlockList component.
- Added transform into text to block switcher.
- Fixed sidebar overflow causing extra scrollbars.
- Fixed multi-select inside new scroll container.
- Fixed image block error with .tiff image.
- Fixed the content overflowing outside the verse block container.
- Fixed issues with sticky quick toolbar position.
- Fixed hitting enter when a block is selected creating a default block after selected block.
- Fixed teaser markup in demo content.
- Clean working directory before packaging plugin.
- Updated Webpack dependencies.
- Updated Jest and React.
- Resolve block conflicts when editing a block post in the classic editor. Gutenberg's strict content validation has helped identify formatting incompatibilities, and continued improvements are planned for future releases.
- Add word and block count to table of contents.
- Add support for meta attributes (custom fields) in block attributes. This allows block authors to specify attributes to live outside of post_content entirely.
- Allow Gutenberg to be the default editor for posts with blocks and add links to classic editor.
- Accessibility: add landmark regions.
- Add metabox placeholder shell.
- Add crash recovery for blocks which error while saving.
- Hide Sidebar panels if the user doesn't have the right capabilities.
- Refactor PostTaxonomies to use 'withApiData'.
- Create 'withApiData' higher order component for managing API data.
- Make casing consistent.
- Allow toolbar wrapper to be clicked through.
- Support and bootstrap server-registered block attribute schemas.
- Shift focus into popover when opened.
- Reuse the tabbable utility to retrieve the tabbables elements in WritingFlow.
- Change placeholder text on button.
- Persist the sate of the sidebar across refresh.
- Use a small multiselect buffer zone, improving multiple block selection.
- Close popover by escape keypress.
- Improve dropzone contrast ratio.
- Improve search message to add context.
- Improve string extraction for localized strings.
- Fixed z-index issue of gallery image inline menu.
- Fixed image block resizing to set the figure wrapper.
- Fixed column widths in gallery block.
- Fixed parsing in do_blocks() and rendering of blocks on frontend in the_content.
- Fixed position of upload svg on mobile.
- Fix issue where invalid block resolution options were not clickable.
- Add blocks "slash" autocompleteshortcut to continue adding new block without leaving the keyboard.
- Add ability to remove an image from a gallery from within the block (selecting image).
- Add option to open a created link in a new window.
- Support and bootstrap server-registered block attribute schemas.
- Improve accessibility of add-new-category form.
- Documentation gets an updated design and content improvements.
- Adjust column width calculationin gallery blockto properly respect column count.
- Move pending review control together with sticky toggle at the bottom.
- Add caption styling for video block.
- Allow removing a "classic text" block with backspaces.
- Allow Button block to show placeholder text.
- Drop the deprecated button-secondary class name.
- Fix link dialog not showing in Safari when caret is in the middle of the word.
- Fix adding new categories and position newly added term at the top.
- Fix the resetting of drop-zone states after dropping a file.
- Fix embed saving "undefined" text when URL is not set.
- Fixplaceholder styling on Textwhen background color is set.
- Update Composer + PHPCS.
- Rename default block handlers.
- Update code syntax tabs in docutron.
- Link to plugin download and github repo from docutron.
- Added block API document.
- Add "Edit and Save" document.
- Restored keyboard navigation with more robust implementation, addressing previous browser issues.
- Added drag and drop for media with pointer to create new blocks.
- Merged paragraph and cover text blocks (includes the colors and font size options).
- Reworked color palette picker with a "clear" and a "custom color" option.
- Further improvements to inline pasting and fixing errant empty blocks.
- Added thumbnail size selector to image blocks.
- Added support for url input and align and edit buttons to audio block.
- Persist the state of the sidebar across page refresh.
- Persist state of sidebar panels on page refresh.
- Persist editor mode on page refresh.
- New withAPIData higher-order component for making it easier to manage data needs.
- Preserve unknown block and remove "freeform" comment delimiters (unrecognized HTML is handled without comment delimiters).
- Show "add new term" in hierarchical taxonomies (including categories).
- Show tooltip only after mouseover delay.
- Show post formats only if the post type supports them.
- Added align and edit buttons to video block.
- Preload data in withApiData to improve perceived performance.
- Improve accessibility of sidebar modes.
- Allow changing cover-image settings before uploading an image.
- Improve validation leniency around non-meaningful differences.
- Take into account capabilities for publishing action.
- Update author selector to show only users capable of authoring posts.
- Normalize pasted blockquote contents.
- Refactored featured image, page attributes to use withApiData
- Added a fix to avoid cloning nodes by passing pasted HTML string.
- Added a fix to avoid re-encoding on encoded posts.
- Fixed resetting the focus config when block already selected.
- Allowing adding of plain text after insert link at the end of a paragraph.
- Update to latest TinyMCE version.
- Show only users capable of authoring posts.
- Add submit for review to publish for contributor.
- Delete or backspace in an empty "classic text" block now removes it.
- Check for type in block transformations logic.
- Fixed drop-down menu issue on classic text.
- Added filter to allow post types to disable "edit in gutenberg" links.
- Made UrlInput and UrlInputButton available as reusable components.
- Use wordpress/a11y package instead of global.
- Added npm5 package-lock.
- We welcome all your feedback and contributions on the project repository, or ping us in #core-editor. Follow the "gutenberg" tag for past updates.
- Added ability to change font-size in cover text using slider and number input.
- Added support for custom anchors (ids) on blocks, allowing to link directly to a section of the post.
- Updated pull-quote design.
- Created custom color palette component with "clear" option and "custom color" option. (And better markup and accessibility.)
- Improve pasting: recognizing more elements, adding tests, stripping non-semantic markup, etc.
- Improve gallery visual design and fix cropping in Safari.
- Allow selecting a heading block from the table-of-contents panel directly.
- Make toolbar slide horizontally for mobile.
- Improve range-input control with a number input.
- Fix pasting problems (handling of block attributes).
- More stripping of unhandled elements during paste.
- Show post format selector only for posts.
- Display nicer URLs when editing links.
- More compact save indicator.
- Disabled arrow key navigation between blocks as we refine implementation.
- Removed blank target from "view post" in notices.
- Fix empty links still rendering ont he front-end.
- Fix shadow on inline toolbars.
- Fix problem with inserting pull-quotes.
- Fix drag and drop on image block.
- Removed warning when publishing.
- Don't provide version for vendor scripts.
- Clean category code in block registration.
- Added history and resources docs.
- New Categories Block (based on existing widget).
- New Text Columns Block(initial exploration of text-only multiple columns).
- New Video Block.
- New Shortcode Block.
- New Audio Block.
- Added resizing handlers to Image Block.
- Added direct image upload button to Image Blockand Gallery Block.
- Give option to transform a block to Classic when it encounters problems.
- Give option to Overwrite changes on a block detected as invalid.
- Added "link to" option in galleries.
- Added support for custom taxonomies.
- Added post formats selector to post settings.
- Added keywords support (aliases) to various blocksto improve search discovery.
- Significant improvements to the way attributes are specified in the Block API and its clarity (handles defaults and types).
- Added Tooltip component displaying aria-labels from buttons.
- Removed stats tracking code.
- Updated design document.
- Capture and recover from block rendering runtime errors.
- Handle enter when focusing on outer boundary of a block.
- Reduce galleries json attributes data to a minimum.
- Added caption styles to the front-end for images and embeds.
- Added missing front-end alignment classes for table and cover-text blocks.
- Only reset blocks on initial load to prevent state fluctuations.
- Improve calculation of dirty state by making a diff against saved post.
- Improve visual weight of toolbar by reducing its silhouette.
- Improve rendering of galleries on the front-end.
- Improve Cover Image placeholder visual presentation.
- Improve front-end display of quotes.
- Improve responsive design of galleries on the front-end.
- Allow previewing new posts that are yet to be saved.
- Reset scrolling position within inserter when switching tabs.
- Refactor popover to render at root of document.
- Refactor withFocusReturn to handle accessibility better in more contexts.
- Prevent overlap between multi-selection and within-block selection.
- Clear save notices when triggering a new save.
- Disable "preview" button if post is not saveable.
- Renamed blocks.query to blocks.source for clarity and updated documentation.
- Rearrange block stylesheets to reflect display and editor styles.
- Use @wordpress dependencies consistently.
- Added validation checks for specifying a block's category.
- Fix problems with quote initialization and list transformation.
- Fix issue where Cover Image was being considered invalid after edits.
- Fix errorsin editable coming from Table block commands.
- Fix error in latest posts block when date is not set for a post.
- Fix issue with active color in ColorPalette component.
- Prevent class=false serialization issue in covert-text.
- Treat range control value as numeric.
- Added warning when using Editable and passing non-array values.
- Show block switcher above link input.
- Updated rememo dependency.
- Start consuming from separate @wordpress dependencies.
- Fix problem with inserting new galleries.
- Fix issue with embeds and missing captions.
- Added outreach section to docs.
- Address problem with the freeform block and Jetpack's contact form.
- Hide placeholders on focusreduces visual distractions while writing.
- Add PostAuthor dropdown to the UI.
- Add theme support for customized color palettes and a shared component (applies to cover text and button blocks).
- Add theme support for wide images.
- Report on missing headings in the document outlinefeature.
- Update block validation to make it less prone to over-eagerness with trivial changes (like whitespace and new lines).
- Attempt to create an embed block automatically when pasting URL on a single line.
- Save post before previewing.
- Improve operations with "lists", enter on empty item creates new paragraph block, handling backspace, etc.
- Don't serialize attributes that match default attributes.
- Order link suggestions by relevance.
- Order embeds for easier discoverability.
- Added "keywords" property for searching blocks with aliases.
- Added responsive styles for Table block in the front end.
- Set default list type to be unordered list.
- Improve accessibility of UrlInput component.
- Improve accessibility and keyboard interaction of DropdownMenu.
- Improve Popover component and use for PostVisibility.
- Added higher order component for managing spoken messages.
- Localize schema for WP API, avoiding initialization delay if schema is present.
- Do not expose editor.settings to block authors.
- Do not remove tables on pasting.
- Consolidate block server-side files with client ones in the same directory.
- Removed array of paragraphs structure from text block.
- Trim whitespace when searching for blocks.
- Document, test, and refactor DropdownMenu component.
- Use separate mousetrap instance per component instance.
- Add npm organization scope to WordPress dependencies.
- Expand utilities around fixture regeneration.
- Renamed "Text" to "Paragraph".
- Fix multi-selection "delete" functionality.
- Fix text color inline style.
- Fix issue caused by changes with React build process.
- Fix splitting editable without child nodes.
- Use addQueryArgs in oEmbed proxy url.
- Update dashicons with new icons.
- Clarify enqueuing block assets functions.
- Added code coverage information to docs.
- Document how to create new docs.
- Add example of add_theme_support in docs.
- Added opt-in mechanism for learning what blocks are being added to the content.
- Split paragraphs on enterwe have been exploring different behaviours here.
- Added grid layout option for latest posts with columns slider control.
- Show internal posts / pages results when creating links.
- Added "Cover Text" block with background, text color, and full-width options.
- Autosaving drafts.
- Added "Read More" block.
- Added color options to the button block.
- Added mechanism for validating and protecting blocks that may have suffered unrecognized edits.
- Add patterns plugin for text formatting shortcuts: create lists by adding * at the beginning of a text line, use # to create headings, and backticks for code.
- Implement initial support for Cmd/Ctrl+Z (undo) and Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+Z (redo).
- Improve pasting experience from outside editors by transforming content before converting to blocks.
- Improve gallery creation flow by opening into "gallery" mode from placeholder.
- Added page attributes with menu order setting.
- Use two distinct icons for quote style variations.
- CreatedKeyboardShortcuts component to handle keyboard events.
- Add support for custom icons (non dashicons) on blocks.
- Initialize new posts with auto-draft to match behaviour of existing editor.
- Don't display "save" button for published posts.
- Added ability to set a block as "use once" only (example: "read more" block).
- Hide gallery display settings in media modal.
- Simplify "cover image" markup and resolve conflict state in demo.
- Introduce PHP classes for interacting with block types.
- Announce block search results to assistive technologies.
- Reveal "continue writing" shortcuts on focus.
- Update document.title when the post title changes.
- Added focus styles to several elements in the UI.
- Added external-link component to handle links opening in new tabs or windows.
- Improve responsive video on embed previews.
- Improve "speak" messages for tag suggestions.
- Make sure newly created blocks are marked as valid.
- Preserve valid state during transformations.
- Allow tabbing away from table.
- Improve display of focused panel titles.
- Adjust padding and margins across various design elements for consistency and normalization.
- Fix pasting freeform content.
- Fix proper propagation of updated block attributes.
- Fix parsing and serialization of multi-paragraph pullquotes.
- Fix a case where toggling pending preview would consider post as saved.
- Fix positioning of block mover on full-width blocks.
- Fix line height regression in quote styles.
- Fix IE11 with polyfill for fetch method.
- Fix case where blocks are created with isTyping and it never clears.
- Fix block warning display in IE11.
- Polish inspector visual design.
- Prevent unhandled actions from returning new state reference.
- Prevent unintentionally clearing link input value.
- Added focus styles to switch toggle components.
- Avoid navigating outside the editor with arrow keys.
- Add short description to Verse block.
- Initialize demo content only for new demo posts.
- Improve insert link accessibility.
- Improve version compare checks for plugin compatibility.
- Clean up obsolete poststoshowattribute in LatestPosts block.
- ConsolidateaddQueryArgs usage.
- Add unit tests to inserter.
- Update fixtures with latest modifications and ensure all end in newlines.
- Added codecov for code coverage.
- Clean up JSDoc comments.
- Link to new docs within main readme.
- New tabs mode for the sidebar to switch between post settings and block inspector.
- Implement recent blocks display.
- Mobile implementation of block mover, settings, and delete actions.
- Search through all tabs on the inserter and hide tabs.
- New documentation app to serve all tutorials, faqs, docs, etc.
- Enable ability to add custom classes to blocks (via inspector).
- Add ability to drag-and-drop on image block placeholders to upload images.
- Add "table of contents" document outline for headings (with empty heading validation).
- Refactor tests to use Jest API.
- New block: Verse(intended for poetry, respecting whitespace).
- Avoid showing UI when typing and starting a new paragraph (text block).
- Display warning message when navigating away from the editor with unsaved changes.
- Use old editor as "freeform".
- Improve PHP parser compatibility with different server configurations ("mbstring" extension and PCRE settings).
- Improve PostVisibility markup and accessibility.
- Add shortcuts to manage indents and levels in List block.
- Add alignment options to latest posts block.
- Add focus styles for quick tags buttons in text mode.
- Add way to report PHP parsing performance.
- Add labels and roles to UrlInput.
- Add ability to set custom placeholders for text and headings as attributes.
- Show error message when trashing action fails.
- Pass content to dynamic block render functions in PHP.
- Fix various z-index issuesand clarify reasonings.
- Fix DropdownMenu arrows navigation and add missing aria-label.
- Update sandboxed iframe size calculations.
- Export inspector controls component under wp.blocks.
- Adjust Travis JS builds to improve task allocation.
- Fix warnings during tests.
- Fix caret jumping when switching formatting in Editable.
- Explicitly define prop-types as dependency.
- Update list of supported browsers for consistency with core.
- InitialFAQ (in progress).
- API for handling pasted content. (Aim is to have specific handling for converting Word, Markdown, Google Docs to native WordPress blocks.)
- Added support for linking to a url on image blocks.
- Navigation between blocks using arrow keys.
- Added alternate Table block with TinyMCE functionality for adding/removing rows/cells, etc. Retired previous one.
- Parse more/noteaser comment tokens from core.
- Re-engineer the approach for rendering embed frames.
- First pass at adding aria-labels to blocks list.
- Setting up Jest for better testing environment.
- Improve performance of server-side parsing.
- Update blocks documentation with latest API functions and clearer examples.
- Use fixed position for notices.
- Make inline mode the default for Editable.
- Add actions for plugins to register frontend and editor assets.
- Supress gallery settings sidebar on media library when editing gallery.
- Validate save and edit render when registering a block.
- Prevent media library modal from opening when loading placeholders.
- Update to sidebar design and behaviour on mobile.
- Improve font-size in inserter and latest posts block.
- Improve rendering of button block in the front end.
- Add aria-label to edit image button.
- Add aria-label to embed input url input.
- Use pointer cursor for tabs in inserter.
- Update design docs with regard to selected/unselected states.
- Improve generation of wp-block-* classes for consistency.
- Select first cell of table block when initializing.
- Fix wide and full alignment on the front-end when images have no caption.
- Fix initial state of freeform block.
- Fix ability to navigate to resource on link viewer.
- Fix clearing floats on inserter.
- Fix loading of images in library.
- Fix auto-focusing on table block being too agressive.
- Clean double reference to pegjs in dependencies.
- Include messages to ease debugging parser.
- Check for exact match for serialized content in parser tests.
- Add allow-presentation to fix issue with sandboxed iframe in Chrome.
- Declare use of classnames module consistently.
- Add translation to embed title.
- Add missing text domains and adjust PHPCS to warn about them.
- Added template for creating new issuesincluding mentions of version number.
- Added framework for notices and implemented publishing and saving ones.
- Implemented tabs on the inserter.
- Added text and image quick inserts next to inserter icon at the end of the post.
- Generate front-end styles for core blocks and enqueue them.
- Include generated block classname in edit environment.
- Added "edit image" button to image and cover image blocks.
- Added option to visually crop images in galleries for nicer alignment.
- Added option to disable dimming the background in cover images.
- Added buffer for multi-select flows.
- Added option to display date and to configure number of posts in LatestPosts block.
- Added PHP parser based on PEG.js to unify grammars.
- Split block styles for display so they can be loaded on the theme.
- Auto-focusing for inserter search field.
- Added text formatting to CoverImage block.
- Added toggle option for fixedbackground in CoverImage.
- Switched to store attributes in unescaped JSON format within the comments.
- Added placeholder for all text blocks.
- Added placeholder text for headings, quotes, etc.
- Added BlockDescription component and applied it to several blocks.
- Implemented sandboxing iframe for embeds.
- Include alignment classes on embeds with wrappers.
- Changed the block name declaration for embeds to be "core-embed/name-of-embed".
- Simplified and made more robust the rendering of embeds.
- Different fixes for quote blocks(parsing and transformations).
- Improve display of text within cover image.
- Fixed placeholder positioning in several blocks.
- Fixed parsing of HTML block.
- Fixed toolbar calculations on blocks without toolbars.
- Added heading alignments and levels to inspector.
- Added sticky post setting and toggle.
- Added focus styles to inserter search.
- Add design blueprints and principles to the storybook.
- Enhance FormTokenField with accessibility improvements.
- Load word-count module.
- Updated iconsfor trash button, and Custom HTML.
- Design tweaks for inserter, placeholders, and responsiveness.
- Improvements to sidebar headings and gallery margins.
- Allow deleting selected blocks with "delete" key.
- Return more than 10 categories/tags in post settings.
- Accessibility improvements with FormToggle.
- Fix media button in gallery placeholder.
- Fix sidebar breadcrumb.
- Fix for block-mover when blocks are floated.
- Fixedinserting Freeform block (now classic text).
- Fixed missing keys on inserter.
- Updated drop-cap class implementation.
- Showcasing full-width cover image in demo content.
- Copy fixes on demo content.
- Hide meta-boxes icons for screen readers.
- Handle null values in link attributes.
- Include "paste" as default plugin in Editable.
- Extract block alignment controls as a reusable component.
- Added button to delete a block.
- Added button to open block settings in the inspector.
- New block: Custom HTML (to write your own HTML and preview it).
- New block: Cover Image(with text over image support).
- Rename "Freeform" block to "Classic Text".
- Added support for pages and custom post types.
- Improve display of "saving" label while saving.
- Drop usage of controls property in favor of components in render.
- Add ability to select all blocks with ctrl/command+A.
- Automatically generate wrapper class for styling blocks.
- Avoid triggering multi-select on right click.
- Improve target of post previewing.
- Use imports instead of accessing the wp global.
- Add block alignment and proper placeholders to pullquote block.
- Wait for wp.api before loading the editor. (Interim solution.)
- Adding several reusable inspector controls.
- Design improvements to floats, switcher, and headings.
- Add width classes on figure wrapper when using captions in images.
- Add image alt attributes.
- Added html generation for photo type embeds.
- Make sure plugin is run on WP 4.8.
- Update revisions button to only show when there are revisions.
- Parsing fixes on do_blocks.
- Avoid being keyboard trapped on editor content.
- Don't show block toolbars when pressing modifier keys.
- Fix overlapping controls in Button block.
- Fix post-title line height.
- Fix parsing void blocks.
- Fix splitting inline Editable instances with shift+enter.
- Fix transformation between text and list, and quote and list.
- Fix saving new posts by making post-type mandatory.
- Render popovers above all elements.
- Improvements to block deletion using backspace.
- Changing the way block outlines are rendered on hover.
- Updated PHP parser to handle shorthand block syntax, and fix newlines.
- Ability to cancel adding a link from link menu.
- First release of the plugin.