- April 13, 2020 =
- FIX - Fixed issue with Instant Images causing Yoast SEO metabox to not show correctly in the classic WordPress editor. Not really sure why, but the Instant Images JS dependencies seemed to interfere with Yoast.
- FIX - Added user privileges checks to the new Media Modal functionality.
- December 14, 2019 =
- NEW - Added image orientation search filter
- FIX - Fixed issue with instant images being rendered in Gutenberg editor for users without permissions.
- UPDATE - Updated WordPress role requirement from
- July 23, 2019 =
- NEW - Added support for updating image title prior to upload.
- NEW - Added link to edit image after upload process completes.
- UPDATE - Updated functionality to trigger photo upload immediately after triggering a
Save when editing image metadata.
- April 18, 2019 =
- FIX - Fixed issue where Instant Images sidebar plugin would not appear in Gutenberg if removed as a pinned item.
- January 10, 2019 =
- UPDATE - Removed cURL usage for downloading images in place of core
copy() PHP function.
- NEW - Adding Axios for HTTP requests
- NEW - Removing
/instant-images folder in uploads directory on plugin de-activation.
- FIX - Added fix for directory permission issue when creating
- September 25, 2018 =
- NEW - Added Instant Images to media upload tabs. You can now upload a photo and insert it into a page or page immediately. Please note, this is currently not working with the Gutenberg editor.
- UPDATE - Better cURL error handling (hopefully).
- July 31, 2018
** NEW - Added functionality to edit image details (filename, alt text and caption) prior to uploading - edit image detail by clicking the options icon in the top right corner of each image .
** UPDATE - Improved error handling and messaging for common REST API and cURL issues.
- June 15, 2018 =
** NEW - More stable image uploading .
** NEW - Added
instant_images_user_role filter to allow for control over user capability.
** FIX - Fixing permission issues with uploads when using basic HTTP authentication on domain.
** UPDATE - Better error handling
** UPDATE - Added permission 755 to the uploads/instant-images directory created on activation.
- January 2, 2018 =
** NEW - Adding support for searching individual photos by ID. Prefix a search term with
id: to search by Unsplash ID. e.g.
** UPDATED - Updated to meet revised Unsplash API guidelines.
** UPDATED - Better Error messaging for upload/resize errors.
** NEW - Added
clear search button to remove search results.
** FIX - Fixed JS error that occured when
SCRIPT_DEBUG was set to
- September 21, 2017 =
** NEW - Instant Images has been completely re-built using React and the WordPress REST API.
- June 6, 2017 =
** NEW - Added infinite scroll while viewing Instant Images on large screens.
** FIX - Fixed missing js file error in browser console.
** UPDATE - Updated Masonry/Imagesloaded image load functionality.
- May 12, 2017 =
- UPDATE - Remove App ID setting - Unsplash API is now open for everyone without API limit restrictions.
- UPDATE - Updating default image upload from 'Full' to 'Raw'. Raw files are significantly smaller size and should make uploads quicker on slower connections and help to reduce upload errors.
- UPDATE - UI/UX tweaks and updates.
- FIX - Updating media_buttons hook. Was causing issues with other plugins.
- January 12, 2016 =
- FIX - Update to instant_img_resize_image function to remove unnecessary function arguments. These args were causing issues on some servers.
- NEW - Refresh Media Library content when uploading images through the Instant Images uploader on edit screen for posts and pages.
- UI Enhancements
- Initial Commit
- Updating plugin from UnsplashWP to Instant Images