- November 04, 2022 =
UPDATE: Improved load handling of default provider.
FIX: Security fix for issue for authenticated users.
FIX: Fixed issue default Pexels API key.
FIX: Fixed issue with photo attribution text and localization.
- June 24, 2022 =
UPDATE: Updated all packages for security updates.
FIX: Fixed issue with Unsplash API variable declaration.
- January 14, 2022 =
NEW: Added default API keys for all API providers . Default API keys can still be overwritten in the plugin settings shouls you want to use your own key.
NEW: Added rate-limit checker to determine the status of the API and display an alert warning if the limit has been exceeded.
- January 3, 2022 =
HOTFIX: Hotfix for accidentaly
delete_options function left in whilst testing. Sorry about that!
- January 2, 2022 =
NEW: Added Pexels integration. This requires a valid API key.
FIX: Fixed issue with filtering Unsplash search results by 'all'.
FIX: Various admin UI/UX updates and tweaks to improve the look and feel.
- December 27, 2021 =
NEW: Added Pixabay photo filters (Type, Category, Colors and Orientation).
NEW: Added Unsplash search filters for Color, Orientation and Order.
NEW: Added new
instant_images_unsplash_content_filter filters that allow for modifying the flags the indicate the types of suitable images that should be returned. Get more information in our FAQ.
NEW: Added Pixabay API constant that allows for setting Pixabay API key via site constant. e.g.
define( 'INSTANT_IMAGES_PIXABAY_KEY', 'YOUR-KEY-HERE' );
UPDATE: Revamped filtering menus and orientation options.
UPDATE: Other UI/UX updates to make the plugin more visually appealing.
UPDATE: Improved plugin accessibility across various sections.
- October 28, 2021 =
NEW: Pixabay! We've added support for Pixabay images. This requires a valid API key.
NEW: Added button to auto-generate Photo attribution in image caption.
NEW: Added uninstaller script to remove plugin settings.
UPDATE: Updated styling and functionality of photo detail editor.
UPDATE: Various UI/UX updates.
- July 30, 2021 =
- Fix: WP 5.8 issue resolved - added fix for Instant Images causing the Widget Block Editor to fail due to JS error.
- Update: Code clean up.
- June 7, 2021 =
- Fix: Added fix for CSS conflict causing issues in the WordPress menus section.
- Fix: Removed browser console error with regards
activeFrame.querySelector is not a function that could appear when creating a gallery.
- Updated: Improved coding standard and overall code quality.
- May 3, 2021 =
- UPDATE - Updated Instant Images settings page to sanitize inputs before saving.
- March 26, 2021 =
- UPDATE - Massive improvement to image download speeds by dynamically resizing the initial download before sending image to media library.
- Intitial testing revealed up to 4x faster download speeds than previous version of Instant Images .
- NEW - Added
instant_images_after_upload hook that is dispatch after a successful upload allowing users to hook into the attachment and run custom functionality.
- UPDATE - Upgraded Axios JS libray to
May 28, 2020 =
UPDATE - Switched REST API methods to
POST requests from
PUT. This will hopefully reduce issues users are having with
PUT being disabled on their servers.
UPDATE - Added Instant Images media button back to Classic Editor post screen.
- April 13, 2020 =
- FIX - Fixed issue with Instant Images causing Yoast SEO metabox to not show correctly in the classic WordPress editor. Not really sure why, but the Instant Images JS dependencies seemed to interfere with Yoast.
- FIX - Added user privileges checks to the new Media Modal functionality.
- December 14, 2019 =
- NEW - Added image orientation search filter
- FIX - Fixed issue with instant images being rendered in Gutenberg editor for users without permissions.
- UPDATE - Updated WordPress role requirement from
- July 23, 2019 =
- NEW - Added support for updating image title prior to upload.
- NEW - Added link to edit image after upload process completes.
- UPDATE - Updated functionality to trigger photo upload immediately after triggering a
Save when editing image metadata.
- April 18, 2019 =
- FIX - Fixed issue where Instant Images sidebar plugin would not appear in Gutenberg if removed as a pinned item.
- January 10, 2019 =
- UPDATE - Removed cURL usage for downloading images in place of core
copy() PHP function.
- NEW - Adding Axios for HTTP requests
- NEW - Removing
/instant-images folder in uploads directory on plugin de-activation.
- FIX - Added fix for directory permission issue when creating
- September 25, 2018 =
- NEW - Added Instant Images to media upload tabs. You can now upload a photo and insert it into a page or page immediately. Please note, this is currently not working with the Gutenberg editor.
- UPDATE - Better cURL error handling (hopefully).
- July 31, 2018
** NEW - Added functionality to edit image details (filename, alt text and caption) prior to uploading - edit image detail by clicking the options icon in the top right corner of each image .
** UPDATE - Improved error handling and messaging for common REST API and cURL issues.
- June 15, 2018 =
** NEW - More stable image uploading .
** NEW - Added
instant_images_user_role filter to allow for control over user capability.
** FIX - Fixing permission issues with uploads when using basic HTTP authentication on domain.
** UPDATE - Better error handling
** UPDATE - Added permission 755 to the uploads/instant-images directory created on activation.
- January 2, 2018 =
** NEW - Adding support for searching individual photos by ID. Prefix a search term with
id: to search by Unsplash ID. e.g.
** UPDATED - Updated to meet revised Unsplash API guidelines.
** UPDATED - Better Error messaging for upload/resize errors.
** NEW - Added
clear search button to remove search results.
** FIX - Fixed JS error that occured when
SCRIPT_DEBUG was set to
- September 21, 2017 =
** NEW - Instant Images has been completely re-built using React and the WordPress REST API.
- June 6, 2017 =
** NEW - Added infinite scroll while viewing Instant Images on large screens.
** FIX - Fixed missing js file error in browser console.
** UPDATE - Updated Masonry/Imagesloaded image load functionality.
- May 12, 2017 =
- UPDATE - Remove App ID setting - Unsplash API is now open for everyone without API limit restrictions.
- UPDATE - Updating default image upload from 'Full' to 'Raw'. Raw files are significantly smaller size and should make uploads quicker on slower connections and help to reduce upload errors.
- UPDATE - UI/UX tweaks and updates.
- FIX - Updating media_buttons hook. Was causing issues with other plugins.
- January 12, 2016 =
- FIX - Update to instant_img_resize_image function to remove unnecessary function arguments. These args were causing issues on some servers.
- NEW - Refresh Media Library content when uploading images through the Instant Images uploader on edit screen for posts and pages.
- UI Enhancements
- Initial Commit
- Updating plugin from UnsplashWP to Instant Images