Use this plugin to enable/disable site offline mode. If Site offline Mode is enabled regular visitors of your site will see a maintenance mode page while you as an admin can make changes to your site. A very useful plugin for users who want to display a "coming soon" page before their websites go live or run maintenance work by taking it offline.
Site Offline Plugin Features
- Easily activate maintenance mode for your website.
- Display customized message to visitors while your site is undergoing normal/scheduled maintenance.
- Perform maintenance work on the back-end and front-end while logged in as an administrator.
- Admin dashboard notice. This allows the admin to easily notice when the site is in maintenance mode.
- The login screen will show a "site offline" message when you keep the site in offline mode.
- Responsive coming soon/site offline page
Site Offline Plugin Usage
Once you have installed the plugin you can enable "offline/maintenance mode" in the plugin setttings (go to
Settings->Site Offline Mode from your WordPress Dashboard).
a) Site Offline Plugin Options
This section contains a textarea which allows you to customize the page that your visitors will see when your site is offline. You can customize the message as well as the look and feel of the page.
For more advanced features be sure to check out our premium version of the plugin, WordPress Site offline/Coming Soon Plugin
Site offline/Coming Soon Premium
- Responsive maintenance page
- Social icons to link to your profiles (Example: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Subscribe users to your MailChimp list
- Automatic countdown to show your users when the site will be up
- Customizable background (change colour/image)
- Customize the page title and header
- Display a login form so users can sign in with their WordPress account credentials
- Ability to set HTTP 503 error in the header. This will tell search engine crawlers that the site is undergoing maintenance and the downtime is temporary
- Google Analytics integration
- Display your own logo and header image
- Create a gallery of images which will automatically slide in the background
- Easily add HTML content to your coming soon page
Check out the coming soon pro plugin
|Version||Release Date||Change Log|