Soundy Background Music allows any page or post to play a background music while it is displayed.
Having a home page or any other page playing a background music greatly improves your website visitor's experience. By choosing a music in adequacy with your content, Soundy will help making your visitors immersed in your pages. Pages with a slideshow are excellent candidates for Soundy. But a lot of other page types too.
A Play/Pause button can be displayed anywhere in the pages and posts. Do you need a Play/Pause button that perfectly fits your website design ? Consider Soundy Background Music PRO.
Each page or post can have its own soundtrack. The soundtrack is embedded in the page by means of the HTML 5 audio tag. This way, the plugin is compatible with all modern user devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops of all vendors).
A background music can be associated with all pages and posts or with individual pages or posts.
If you want your pages and posts to play more than one soundtrack, consider Soundy Audio Playlist Plugin.
Defaults can be set by the administrator in the settings page of the plugin. Specific post and page plugin settings can be configured by the authors in the Edit Page and Edit Post pages. In the plugin settings page, an audio track can be set per default.
The audio track can be anywhere on the web as it is specified with its URL. It can also be uploaded in the media library of the WP site.
A play and pause button image can be uploaded by the administrator to replace the default one and can be positioned anywhere. The Play/Pause button can be positioned in any of the four corners of the HTML document or in any of the four corners of the browser window. It can also be positioned with a template tag typically in the document header or with a shortcode in the content.
Soundy Free Version Features
- A soundtrack can be specified by the site administrator per default for all pages and posts.
- The default soundtrack can be overriden by page and post authors with a custom one for any page or post.
- Default Play/Pause button images can be overriden by the site administrator. He can upload these images or just specify their URLs.
- Full Control for the site administrator over Play/Pause button positioning.
- Play/Pause Button Preview in the context of any page or post.
- Play/Pause Button size and positioning can be made responsive in the Play/Pause Responsiveness tab of the plugin settings page.
- Audio Volume Control for site administrator as well as page/post authors.
- Auto Play Option.
- Audio Loop Option.
Soundy PRO Version Features
- Same features as the free version.
- HTML5 Play/Pause Button Designer allowing control over:
- Button colors
- Button size
- Button outline
- Button rounding
- Button transparency
- Seamlessly integrated button designer allows the Play/Pause button to precisely and exactly fit any website design.
Here are examples of Soundy Background Music implementations:
- Ivy & Mario's website: www.hanstylewedding.com
- Swiss pianist, Magali Bourquin's website: www.magalibourquin.com
In Magali Bourquin's Soundy Background Music implementation, the background sound is enabled for all pages but only the homepage has the Autoplay option set. As for the Play/Pause button, custom images have been uploaded to replace the default ones and the button is statically positioned with a call to the soundy_button() function from the header.php file.
Docs & Support
You can find Tutorial, FAQ, Examples and more detailed information about Soundy plugin on WebArtisan.ch. If you were unable to find the answer to your question on the FAQ or in any of the documentation, you should check Soundy's Support Forum on WordPress.org. If you can't locate any topics that pertain to your particular issue, post a new topic for it. Soundy Background Music Plugin Home Page: webartisan.ch/en/products/soundy-background-music/free-wordpress-plugin
|Version||Release Date||Change Log|
- January 14th, 2017 = * Fixed error messages sent to error log when posts or pages were added.
- November 11th, 2016 = * Made plugin compatible with SSL.
- October 7th, 2016 = * Fixed bug that prevented plugin metabox to appear in admin edit pages when website had a path to html root directory.
- August 17th, 2016 = * Corrected PHP bug related to choice of Play/Pause Button Corner.
- August 8th, 2016 = * Corrected bug related to strpos PHP function. * Corrected bug that prevented Media Library buttons to work.
- Juli 7th, 2016 = * Play/Pause button images dimensions are now displayed in the Play/Pause Button tab of the plugin settings. * Default values are now displayed as comment in the plugin metabox in posts and pages.
- June 10th, 2016 = * Load performance increased by removing link prefetch statement on audio file.
- March 10th, 2016 = * Security exploit fixed.
- March 3rd, 2015 = * Media Library button calls now new WordPress File Uploader.
- December 20th, 2014 = * Fixed bug on the front-end appearing in themes using Ajax to reload only the content part of the pages when the visitor navigates on the website.
- September 12th, 2014 = * Set z-index CSS property to 99999 on play/pause button, so that it always appears on top of any other HTML elements.
- July 28th, 2014 = * Fixed bug introduced in 2.4: Soundy's metabox in Edit Page/Post did merge with other metaboxes.
- May 4th, 2014 = * Fixed bug introduced in 2.0: in the admin plugins page, all plugins had a Settings link pointing to Soundy's settings because of a bug in soundy.php. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- April 26th, 2014 = * Corrected major bug introduced in 2.0: when Soundy was installed for the first time: the default audio file URL and the default four play/pause button image URLs were undefined. Sorry for the inconvenience.