- 2021-09-16 =
- Tweak - Remove broken URL from plugin headers. PR#887
- Tweak - Update notice on plugins page about support and EOL. PR#886
- 2021-06-28 =
- Fix - Prevent fatal error when a line item isn't a WC_Product instance. PR#872
- Fix - [WC Subscriptions] Update the shipping packages address using a dynamic key rather than assuming a 0 index. PR#871
- New - Allow hiding of funding methods MercadoPago and BLIK. PR#870
- Tweak - Make labels/descriptions more consistent on the settings screen. PR#771
- Tweak - Make WooCommerce 3.2.0 explicit. PR#868
- Dev - Add hooks to alter names and descriptions of line items sent to PayPal. PR#869
- Fix - Create session cookie only when needed. PR#793, PR#845.
- Tweak - Mark as compatible with latest WordPress and WooCommerce. PR#867
- Fix - Replace jQuery 3.x deprecated functions. PR#852
- Fix - Honor shape settings when rendering buttons for alternative funding sources. PR#844
- New - Add notice on plugins page to upgrade to PayPal Payments. PR#866
- 2020-11-24 =
- Fix - Update the bundle.pem file to use the certificates from PayPal. PR#822
- Tweak - PHP 8.0 compatibility. PR#837
- 2020-10-06 =
- New - Add support for PayPal Credit messaging. PR#810
- Fix - Hide the "Pay Later" funding method when "PayPal Credit" is disabled. PR#811
- Fix - Display correct image size in the PayPal Checkout window. PR#779
- 2020-07-01 =
- Fix - Records the proper refunded_amount to _woo_pp_txnData in the database PR#764
- Fix - Redirect customers back to the original page they left on after closing PayPal modal PR#765
- Fix - Preserve horizontal layout style setting when using standalone buttons PR#774
- Fix - Smart payment buttons compatibility with older browsers PR#778
- Tweak - Update the Require Phone Number field description PR#772
- Dev - Make the SDK script args filterable PR#763
- 2020-05-28 =
- Fix - Style the Smart Payment Buttons according to the chosen button size setting. PR#753
- Tweak - Change the "or" separator used on the cart page to be consistent with other payment gateways (uppercase and 100% opacity). PR#755
- 2020-05-26 =
- 2020-05-25 =
- Add - New setting found under Button Styles for choosing a Smart Payment Button label. PR#666
- Add - Support for more locales. PR#658
- Fix - Display Smart Payment Buttons on Product pages built from a shortcode. PR#665
- Fix - Send the product SKU to PayPal so it's displayed in the order/transaction details and reports on PayPal. PR#664
- Fix - Show an error when saving incomplete/missing API credentials. PR#712
- Fix - Remove PHP warnings in later versions of PHP when a PayPal Session doesn't exist. PR#727
- Fix - Error when processing refunds (Already Refunded. No Amount to Refund). PR#710
- Fix - Required state field errors on the "Confirm your PayPal Order" page when returning from PayPal. PR#725
- Fix - Display WC Add To Cart validation errors on the product page when clicking the PayPal Smart Payment Buttons. PR#707
- Update - Smart Payment Buttons are enabled by default and settings to toggle these on/off have been removed and replaced with a filter. PR#660
- Update - Deprecate unused/incomplete function
- Update - Move Support and Documentation links from the plugin actions to plugin meta section on the Plugin activation/deactivation page. PR#735
- Update - WooCommerce 4.1 and WordPress 5.4 compatibility. PR#732
- 2020-04-14 =
- Fix - Ensure Puerto Rico and supported Locales are eligible for PayPal Credit. PR#693
- Fix - Support purchasing subscriptions with $0 initial payment - free trials, synced etc. PR#698
- Fix - Only make the billing fields optional during an active PayPal Checkout session. PR#697
- Fix - Uncaught JS errors on product page when viewing and out-of-stock product. PR#704
- Fix - Loading API certificates and improves managing certificate settings. PR#696
- Fix - Displaying PayPal Smart Payment buttons on pages with single product shortcode. PR#665
- Fix - Do not add discounts to total item amount and cause line item amount offset. PR#677
- Fix - Redirect to Confirm your PayPal Order page for subscriptions initial purchases using PayPal Smart Buttons. PR#702
- Fix - Display missing checkout notice when email format is incorrect. PR#708
- Add - Filter product form validity via a new
wc_ppec_validate_product_form event. PR#695
- Add - Translation tables for states of more countries. PR#659
- Update - WooCommerce 4.0 compatibility
- 2020-02-18 =
- Fix - Upgrade the plugin on plugins loaded rather than on plugin init. PR#682
- 2020-02-06 =
- Fix - Check if order exists before adding order actions. PR #653
- Fix - Global attributes stripped before sent to PayPal if unicode characters. PR#470
- Fix - Handle subscription payment change. PR#640
- Fix - Fixes error "Trying to get property of non-object" found during onboarding wizard. PR#654
- Fix - Hide smart payment buttons on mini cart when cart is empty. PR#450
- Fix - Only display smart buttons on product page if product is in stock. PR#662
- Fix - Do not display smart buttons for external products and grouped products. PR#663
- Update - Display a WooCommerce pre 3.0 admin notice warning. In an upcoming release PayPal Checkout will drop support for WC 2.6 and below. PR#671
- 2019-12-05 =
- Fix - Send fees to PayPal as line items
- Fix - Fix error 10426 when coupons are used
- Fix - Call to a member function has_session() on null
- Add - Notice about legacy payment buttons deprecation
- Fix - Use order currency when renewing subscription instead of store currency
- Update - WooCommerce 3.8 compatibility
- Update - WordPress 5.3 compatibility
- 2019-08-08 =
- Update - WooCommerce 3.7 compatibility
- Add - Filter to require display of billing agreement during checkout
- Add - Add CURRENCYCODE to capture_payment
- Add - Add filter for buttons on products
- Fix - Skip wasteful render on initial Checkout page load
- Fix - Appearance tweaks on Checkout screen
- 2019-07-18 =
- Fix - Don't require address for renewal of virtual subscriptions
- Fix - Avoid broken confirmation screen edge case after 10486 redirect
- 2019-06-19 =
- Fix - Prevent PHP errors when no billing details are present in PP response
- Fix - Require billing address for virtual products when enabled
- Add - Hook when a payment error occurs
- 2019-05-08 =
- Fix - Failing checkout when no addons are used
- 2019-05-08 =
- Fix - Better handling of virtual subscriptions when billing address is not required
- Fix - Prevent errors showing when purchasing a virtual product with WP_DEBUG enabled
- 2019-04-17 =
- Fix/Performance - Prevent db option updates during bootstrap on each page load
- 2019-03-05 =
- Fix - Use only product attributes when adding to cart
- 2019-02-03 =
- Fix - Avoid SPB render error by tweaking 'allowed' funding methods' empty value
- 2019-01-25 =
- Fix - Guard against themes applying filter with too few params
- 2019-01-25 =
- Fix - Error 10413 when using coupons
- Fix: All variation details when using buttons on product pages are kept
- Fix: Always render the PayPal buttons in the mini cart
- 2019-01-09 =
- Fix - Discount items were not being included
- Add - Filter for order details to accept decimal quantities of products
- Fix - Unable to buy variation from product page
- Fix - Can use PayPal from product page without inputting required fields
- Add - Display PayPal fees under the totals on the order admin page
- Add - Prefill name, phone, and email info in PayPal Guest Checkout from checkout screen
- 2018-10-31 =
- Fix - Truncate the line item descriptions to avoid exceeding PayPal character limits.
- Update - WC 3.5 compatibility.
- Fix - checkout.js script loading when not needed.
- Fix - Missing shipping total and address when starting from checkout page.
- 2018-09-27 =
- Fix - Billing address from Checkout form not being passed to PayPal via Smart Payment Button.
- Fix - Checkout form not being validated until after Smart Payment Button payment flow.
- 2018-08-15 =
- Fix - Fatal error caused by a fix for Smart Payment Buttons.
- 2018-08-15 =
- Fix - Tax not applied on the (Confirm your PayPal order) page at the checkout.
- 2018-07-04 =
- Fix - GDPR Fatal error exporting user data when they have PPEC subscriptions.
- Fix - PayPal Credit still being disabled by default.
- Update - Rename 'PayPal Express Checkout' to 'PayPal Checkout'.
- Fix - Missing PayPal branding in "Buy Now" Smart Payment Button.
- Fix - PHP warning when PayPal Credit not supported and no funding methods hidden.
- Fix - Smart Payment Buttons gateway not inheriting IPN and subscription handling.
- Fix - Single product Smart Payment Button failing without existing session.
- Fix - When cart is empty, JS error on cart page and mini-cart payment buttons showing.
- Add - Locale filter.
- 2018-06-27 =
- Add - Smart Payment Buttons mode as alternative to directly embedded image links for all instances of PayPal button.
- Fix - Help tip alignment for image settings.
- Update - Enable PayPal Credit by default, and restrict its support by currency.
- Update - Omit 'Express Checkout' portion of default payment method title.
- Update - Enable Express Checkout on regular checkout page by default.
- Update - Enable Express Checkout on single product page by default.
- 2018-06-06 =
- Fix - Virtual products cause issues with billing details validation.
- 2018-05-23 =
- Update - WC 3.4 compatibility
- Update - Export/erasure hooks added.
- 2018-05-08 =
- Add - Hook to make billing address not required
- Fix - Duplicate checkout settings when PP Credit option is enabled.
- Fix - Impossible to open API credentials after saving Settings.
- Fix - Prevent filtering if PPEC is not enabled.
- Fix - Single Product checkout: Quantity being duplicated due to multiple AJAX calls.
- Fix - When returning from PayPal, place order buttons says "proceed to payment".
- Tweak - Default billing address to be required.
- 2018-03-28 =
- Fix - wp_enqueue_media was not correctly loaded causing weird behavior with other parts of system wanting to use it.
- Fix - Typo in activation hook.
- 2018-02-20 =
- Tweak - Express checkout shouldn't display "Review your order before the payment".
- Fix - Compatibility with Subscriptions and Checkout from Single Product page.
- Fix - Make sure session object exists before use to prevent fatal error.
See changelog for all versions.
- Add - Hooks for Settings.
- Fix - Missing Settings link on Plugins page.
- Fix - Use correct image URL for PayPal image logo.
- Tweak - Default to signature method if certificate missing, rather than other way around.
- Add - PayPal credit is now available on checkout.
- Fix - WC 3.3 compatibility.
- Add - Ability to select existing / upload new image(s) for logo / header fields.
- Fix - Shipping address overriden when PayPal returns billing address.
- Fix - Issue with missing paypal session information.
- Fix - Dependency error when using LibreSSL.
- Fix - Additional compatibility with shipping plugins
- Fix - Issue where deprecated
WC_Cart::get_cart_url is being used.
- Tweak - Makes admin notification dismissible.
- Fix - Coupon related PayPal error 10413.
- Fix - Title/Description fields in the settings should appear based on Enable PayPal Express Checkout.
- Add - Invoice Prefix now has the ability to be empty.
- Fix - Additional compatibility fixes for line items.
- Fix - PHP notice for Subscription id.
- Fix - PayPal error (10431).
- Fix - PHP notices.
- Fix - Refunds not working on authorize then captured transactions.
- Fix - Checkout on single product available before variations are chosen.
- Fix - Not Returning PayPal Transaction Fee.
- Fix - 10431 (Item Amount Invalid at Checkout) error with discounts.
- Fix - Phone not returned and "Require Phone Number" setting not working.
- Fix - _paypal_status on Authorize transactions not updating to processing after capture.
- Fix - 10413 (The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts) error with discounts.
- Fix - Shipping Address being required on Virtual products.
- Fix - Properly calculate whether Billing phone is required or not.
- Fix - Set NOSHIPPING based on product shipping requiredness (e.g. virtual products do not need shipping, etc)
- Tweak - Use shipping discount instead of tax when adjustment negative.
- Fix - Cannot process refunds on "authorize" transactions.
- Add - Option for displaying express checkout button on the product page.
- Fix - If there are no shipping options in WooCommerce, PayPal doesn't pass a shipping address to WC.
- Add - Option to set Billing phone number mandatory.
- Add - Option to disable checkout with PayPal button on Cart page.
- Fix - Trigger required shipping cost before checkout.
- Fix - Fatal Error calling is_main_query.
- Fix - Customer invoice email doesn't allow payment with PPEC.
- Fix - Double stock reduction.
- Fix - Payment automatically goes to complete when payment action set to Authorize.
- Fix - Avoid plugin links notice when WooCommerce is not active - props rellect
- Fix - Do not show this gateway when the cart amount is zero
- Fix - Fix 10413 error that prevents checking out with a coupon
- Fix - Filter default address fields to ensure they are not required
- Fix - Prevent conflict with other gateways.
- Fix - Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.0, including ensuring the customer address is saved correctly.
- Fix - Make sure translations are loaded properly.
- Fix - Added IPN (Instant Payment Notification) handler.
- Fix - Make sure guest payment is enabled by default.
- Fixed fatal error prior to PHP 5.5 caused by passing empty() a non-variables.
- Improved flow after express checkout by removing billing and shipping fields and simply allowing shipping method selection.
- Fix - Fixed in-context checkout to work after ajax cart reload.
- Fix - Added missing 'large' button size.
- Fix - Prevent double stock reduction when payment complete.
- Fix - Allow PPE from pay page and don't use in-context checkout for PayPal Mark on checkout.
- Fix - Increase timeout to 30 to prevent error #3.
- Tweak - If the store owner decides to enable PayPal standard, respect that decision and remove EC from checkout screen.
- Tweak - Change place order button to "continue to payment".
- Tweak - Moved default button location to woocommerce_proceed_to_checkout hook.
- Tweak - Improved button appearance and look alongside regular checkout button.
- Fix - Wrong section slug / tab after redirected from connect.woocommerce.com
- Fix - Make sure to check if credentials were set in cart and checkout pages
- Fix - Removed configuration of chipers to use for TLS
- Fix - Issue where missing rounding two decimal digits of tax causing transaction being refused
- Fix - Issue where custom logo image URL is not saved
- Fix - Add cancel link on checkout page when session for PPEC is active
- Fix - In-context mini browser keeps spinning because failure xhr response is not handled properly