- 2022-12-07 =
- Fix - Check for server opcache.save_comments was restored to the more lenient check used in 3.3.0.
- 2022-12-05 =
- Add - Ability to export the Sync with Square status while exporting products.
- Add - Link to support forum under Sync Setting.
- Dev - Bump NPM version from 6.0.0 to 8.0.0.
- Dev - Bump node version from 12.0.0 to 16.0.0.
- Dev - Remove redundant build-zip npm command.
- Fix - Address issue with Square variation names containing a pipe character.
- Update - Blocks forms on the product, cart and checkout pages when a digital wallet payment is being processed.
- Update - Square PHP SDK to version 22.214.171.12420512.
- Fix - Ensure we show more accurate error messages.
- Fix - Hide variation in WooCommerce when the variation is deleted from Square.
- Fix - Incomplete product import issue when the number of products is very high.
- Fix - Incorrect coupon discount calculation which results into incorrect tax calculation.
- Fix - JS error thrown by Digital Wallets on Cart and Checkout pages due to unsupported product types.
- Fix - Remove unnecessary calls to
getLocation when doing a manual sync.
- Fix - Set price money based on price overrides for a location.
- Update - Bump minimum supported PHP version to 7.2.
- Update - Bump minimum supported WooCommerce version to 6.0.
- Update - Bump minimum supported WordPress version to 5.6.
- Update - Rename System of Record to Sync Setting.
- 2022-11-07 =
- Add - Adds digital wallet buttons in the Pay for Order page.
- Add - Declare support for High-performance Order Systems ("HPOS").
- Add - Digital Wallet support for Australia.
- Add - Filter 'wc_square_update_product_set_description' to override product description during update from Square.
- Add - Filter 'wc_square_update_product_set_name' to override product name during update from Square.
- Add - Filter 'wc_square_update_product_set_variation_name' to override variation name during update from Square.
- Add - Support to store transaction ID while using High-performance Order Storage ("HPOS") (formerly known as Custom Order Tables, "COT").
- Dev - Plugin version constant added to the main file.
- Fix - Broken detailed decline messages after migration to Payments API.
- Fix - Checkout without required state field being empty.
- Fix - Digital wallet errors on Checkout page.
- Fix - Error caused while fetching variation SKU.
- Fix - Failed payment due to 3D secure errors.
- Fix - Fixes variations shown for WooCommerce simple products in Square dashboard.
- Fix - Inability to sync products created in both Square and WooCommerce.
- Fix - Incorrectly set quantity during Product Import.
- Fix - Issue with checkout using digital wallet when company name is required.
- Fix - Issue with stock status during product import when the inventory count is 0.
- Fix - Manage stock value of variation products when the product is not synced with Square.
- Fix - Stock status visibility under inventory for variable products.
- Update - Replaces dynamic strings with string literals.
- Update - WC tested up to 7.1
- 2022-09-14 =
- Add - Ensure the
via WooCommerce text can be translated and introduce a new filter to update that text while paying with Apple Pay.
- Add - Missing square_customers table.
- Dev - Remove unnecessary build process files.
- Fix - Add notice when trying to import CSV and product sync is turned on.
- Fix - Invalid object with ID error while syncing variable products with Woo as SOR.
- Fix - Issue where
woocommerce_order_status_refunded hook previously ran twice after successful refund.
- Fix - Multiple digital wallet buttons shown when quantity is updated.
- Fix - Tax computation error caused by tax ID set to 0.
- Fix - The
Repeated field must have at least one value error.
- Update - Deprecates the method
- 2022-06-09 =
- Fix - Hide shipping options in Google Pay form for virtual products. #800
- Fix - State-specific tax calculation when using Google Pay. #778
- Add - Validation that Business Location or SOR is set and Square settings are saved before enabling Import Products button. #463
- 2022-06-01 =
- Fix - Customer Token Editor wasn't loading for some stores after updating to Square 3.0.0. #799
- Fix - No such file or directory warnings on case-sensitive filesystems. #799
- Dev - Bump compatibility to WP 6.0. #812
- 2022-05-17 =
- Fix - Prevent fatal error caused by stale transient (cached location data from previous Square API). #788
- Fix - Disable all plugin features if server requirements are not met, to prevent fatal errors. #793
- 2022-05-09 =
- Fix - Checkout stuck processing when using a card that doesn't require a postal code. #782
- 2022-05-04 =
- New - Upgrade the payment form on checkout to use the latest Square Web Payments SDK. PR#668
- Fix - Compatibility issues with WordPress 6.1.0. PR#715
- Fix - Sync issues caused by product variations having an empty SKU and incorrectly being set to the variable product (parent product) SKU value. PR#764
- Update - Remove admin notice warning of v3.0.0 release. PR#744
- Dev - Product importing is now handled by Action Scheduler. PR#698
- Dev - Syncing is now handled by Action Scheduler. PR#699
- Dev - Manual Sync is now handled by Action Scheduler. PR#710
- Dev - Upgrade Action Scheduler to 3.4.0. PR#762
- Dev - Updated Square Connect to Square SDK v 15.0.0. PR#673 PR#670 PR#668 PR#664 PR#659 PR#657
- Dev - Remove SkyVerge framework. PR#690 PR#689 PR#688 PR#687 PR#684 PR#683 PR#681 PR#678
- 2022.03.17 =
- Fix - Fatal error while deactivating WooCommerce before WooCommerce Square.
- 2022.02.17 =
- New - Added admin notice about v3 major update. PR#707
- Fix - Trim spaces from postal code at prefix and suffix positions. PR#654
- 2022.01.24 =
- New - Add support for Square stores located in Spain. PR#704
- 2021.11.09 =
- New -
wc_square_beta_country_support_spain filter to add Spain as a supported country. PR#663
- Fix - Visibility of digital wallet buttons based on account & privacy settings. PR#652
- 2021.09.29 =
- New - Add support for Square stores located in France. PR#650
- Fix - PHP warning when trying to load the Square digital wallet (Apple/Google Pay buttons) on a product page that isn't available for purchase. PR#640
- 2021.07.23 =
- Fix - Failed orders with error "Square Payment Failed (Status code VALUE_TOO_LOW)" caused by incorrect line item calculations on orders with discounts/coupons (introduced in 2.5.2). PR#635
- 2021.07.21 =
- Fix - Product and inventory data not being synced due to duplicate/orphaned product metadata in database. PR#625
- Fix - Bypass SSL verification when checking background job processing eligibility. PR#624
- Fix - Correctly apply taxes in the Order API request and report accurate percentages. PR#559
- 2021.05.18 =
- Fix - Pay for Order and Add Payment Method forms sometimes not working when choosing another payment method other than Square. PR#618
- 2021.05.13 =
- New - Add support for WooCommerce Checkout blocks. PR#604
- New - Add support for Square stores located in Ireland. PR#609
- Fix - Improve manual sync performance and reduce stream timeout responses from Square on stores with large catalogs. PR#612
- 2021.03.30 =
- Fix - Variable products are now properly importing from Square on newer versions of WooCommerce. PR#605
- 2021.03.23 =
- Fix - Update jQuery 3 deprecated functions. PR#560
- Fix - Don't display digital wallet buttons when the cart contains a subscription product as Square does not yet support tokenization through digital wallets. PR#597
- Dev - Replace CoffeeScript with plain JS. PR#560
- 2021.02.11 =
- Fix - Handle exceptions when loading digital wallet buttons on product pages with no stock or other serviceable issues. PR#591
- 2021.02.09 =
- Fix - Uncaught PHP error when attempting to setup Apple Pay and Square is not properly connected (i.e. no valid access token found). PR#587
- Fix - Improve error logging when the request to verify the store's domain with Square/Apple Pay fails. PR#587
- Fix - Allow variable products to be previewed when Square is active. PR#554
- 2021.02.04 =
- Fix - PHP error on the My Account > Payment Methods page when saving a new card. PR#585
- 2021.02.03 =
- Fix - Add the correct variation to the cart when purchasing with Apple Pay and Google Pay from the product page. PR#581
- 2021.02.02 =
- Feature - Apple Pay and Google Pay support (US, UK and CA stores only). PR#547
- Fix - Duplicate
idempotency_key issues caused by order IDs being re-used on the same store URL (i.e. after restoring from a backup). PR#563
- Fix - Don't import item variations from Square that are not available at your store's business location. PR#562
- Fix - Restore stock in Square when processing partial refunds (previously was only restoring stock for full refunds). PR#565
- Fix - Only restore stock if the "Restock refunded items" option is checked when refunding an order. PR#565
- Fix - Fatal errors during the sync and import process caused by unexpected/invalid Square API responses. PR#500
- Fix - Sends only one sync complete email per update to products that are synced with Square. PR#552
- Fix - Allow products with large numbers of categories (600+) to sync to Square when WooCommerce is SOR. PR#568
- Fix - Database related errors with creating the Square customer's table when first installing Square. PR#558
- Fix - Allow variable products with valid variations to import when variations with missing skus are present. PR#573
- Tweak - Update the Customer Profile setting description to make it clear that this setting enables tokenization. PR#576
- 2020.11.24 =
- Fix - Correctly saves inventory sync time when sync fails so items are re-synced on next attempt. PR#448
- Fix - Fixes warnings introduced with PHP 8. PR#533
- Fix - Corrects the plugin support URL. PR#539
- Fix - Allows imports containing products with variable pricing to complete successfully. PR#540
- Tweak - Updates assets to reflect WooCommerce color change. PR#544
- 2020.10.30 =
- Fix - Prevents logging anything if logging is disabled. PR#493
- Fix - Fixes a bug where products are imported even when it is not available at the store's location. PR#537
- 2020.10.23 =
- Fix - Display the correct stock quantity amount on all variations when product data is sent to Square. PR#503
- Fix - Avoid IDEMPOTENCY_KEY_REUSED API errors when syncing product data from WooCommerce to Square by using a more unique API request key. PR#528
- Fix - Added customer_id to Orders API to link Customers & Transactions on Square Dashboard and Transactions CSV Export. PR#527
- Fix - Issues with the postal code not matching WooCommerce data while saving cards. PR#501
- Fix - Prevents the "Send product data to Square" checkbox from being enabled when products and variations contain empty or duplicate SKUs. PR#525
- Fix - Issues that caused the Square Payment Form to be unclickable on the checkout page. PR#530
- Fix - Compatibility issues with the Square Payment form and conditional payment gateway extensions. PR#530
- 2020.09.15 =
- Fix - Don't import a new copy of each product image from Square when updating products during the import process. PR#513
- 2020.09.11 =
- New - Make the "Update existing products" part of the new import process optional by adding a new checkbox on Import Products modal. PR#508
- Fix - Stop the import process from getting stuck in a loop when reaching the time limit. PR#511
- Fix - Don't import/update categories from Square that are attached to products that cannot be found in WooCommerce. PR#511
- Fix - "idempotency_key must not be greater than 45 length" errors returned by some payment requests on stores using custom order number plugins. PR#507
- 2020.08.31 =
- Feature - Import new product variations from square to existing products in WooCommerce. PR#475
- Feature - Variations that are removed from Square will now be removed from products in WooCommerce during import. PR#475
- Feature - Upgrade to the Square Payments and Refunds API. PR#408
- Feature - New orders can be refunded up to one year after payment (up from 120 days). PR#408
- Fix - Only import products from Square that have non-empty SKUs. PR#475
- Fix - Empty product categories imported from Square into WooCommerce. PR#475
- Fix - Assign existing products to new categories imported from Square. PR#475
- Fix - Prevents loading of Square Assets on all pages except My Account -> Payment Methods & Checkout. PR#469
- Fix - Square Product Import & Product Manual Sync not triggering on mobile browsers. PR#472
- Fix - 3D Secure Verification Token is missing, Intent mismatch and other checkout errors related to SCA for merchants outside of the EU. PR#471
- Fix - Updated some of our documentation and support links in admin notices so they no longer redirect to an old URL or a 404 page. PR#474
- Fix - Use pagination to fetch inventory counts from Square. PR#478
- Fix - Display WooCommerce checkout validation errors along with Square payment form errors. PR#476
- Fix - Switching between sandbox and production environments will now show correct business locations. PR#462
- Fix - Don't wipe a customer's saved cards on when we receive an API error. PR#460
- Fix - Exclude draft and pending products from syncing from WooCommerce to Square. PR#484
- Fix - DevTools errors caused by missing minified JS files.
- Fix - PHP errors when syncing large amounts of products (
get_data() on null and
getCursor() on a string). PR#497
- 2020.07.15 =
- Fix - Make the "Sync Now" button disabled when no business location is set in Square settings.
- Fix - Enable checking/unchecking the Manage Stock setting for all variations.
- Fix - Refunding an order paid with another payment gateway will no longer sync inventory with Square when "Do not sync product data" is selected.
- Fix - Imported variation products that are out-of-stock will no longer show on the shop page when "Hide out of stock items from the catalog" is selected.
- Fix - Product images will now sync when Square is in Sandbox mode.
- Fix - Damaged stock adjustments will now sync properly to WooCommerce when multiple stock adjustments are made.
- Fix - Improve performance when manually syncing large amount of stock adjustments from Square (some inventory updates were missing).
- Fix - Quick editing products no longer sets incorrect stock quantities or disables syncing.
- Fix - Existing customer that have been removed from the connected Square account, or can't be found will now be able to save a new card on the checkout.
- Fix - When the System of Record is set to WooCommerce, product images will now properly sync to Square.
- Tweak - Use CSC consistently in all error messages when referring to the Card Security Code.
- Tweak - Change to using WordPress core methods to import/sync images from Square.
- 2020.05.15 =
- Fix - Fatal errors caused by incorrectly fetching locations before plugin init.
- Fix - WordPress database error when creating the Square Customers table on servers using utf8mb4.
- 2020.05.05 =
- Fix - Make sure that Square credit card fields are editable after checkout form refresh.
- 2020.04.30 =
- Fix - Persistent caching of locations to prevent unnecessary refetching and rate limiting.
- 2020.04.29 =
- Fix - INTENT_MISMATCH errors when guest customers save a card and registration is disabled.
- Fix - Improve checkout compatibility with password managers such as 1Password. This also avoids payment for reload on address change.
- Fix - Pass valid address values even if checkout fields are not present.
- Tweak - Sandbox mode can be turned on in the settings, no more need for setting the constant.
- Tweak - Change location URL to refer to our docs.
- 2020.03.23 =
- Fix - Inventory/Stock updates as a result of checkout via PayPal Standard does not reflect on the Square item.
- Fix - Error when trying to save an external product with the modified 'sync with square' value.
- Fix - Move product check on a possibly invalid product out of the try block avoiding potential further errors.
- 2020.02.11 =
- Feature - Add support for SCA (3D Secure 2)
- Fix - Minor fixes to the Sync completed emails
- Tweak - Add email notifications when connection issues are detected
- Fix - Category sync when WooCommerce is the System of Record and there have been changes in Square
- 2019.12.09 =
- Fix - Inventory changes through payments and refunds from other gateways not reflected on Square.
- Fix - Fatal error on versions of WooCommerce before 4.3.
- Fix - Sandbox API calls by passing is_sandbox flag to the Gateway API.
- Fix - Quick edit view when editing a variable product without all variations SKU.
- Fix - Verify if the product can be synced with Square before enabling sync when bulk/quick updating.
- Fix - Disable sync for products that should not be synced after a REST API update.
- Fix - Unable to create products during import.
- Fix - Product inventory sync issuse when WooCommerce is set as the Source of Record.
- Fix - Inventory not updated when purchased through another gateway.
- Fix - Category and description data not updated in a sync from Square.
- Fix - Transactions on multiple stores connected to the same Square account would appear to succeed without actually charging the customer.
- Fix - When making multiple partial refunds on the same order, only the first one would work.
- Tweak - Include product ID on failed sync record message.
- Tweak - Remove notices for refresh token when sanbox is enabled.
- Tweak - Prevent refreshing a token token when sanbox is enabled.
- 2019.11.18 =
- Fix - No longer automatically disconnect on unexpected authorization errors
- Fix - Bump compatibility for WooCommerce 3.8 and WordPress 5.3
- Fix - Correct cents rounding that was causing invalid value errors
- Fix - Fix encrypted token handling
- Fix - No longer call revoke when disconnecting - just disconnect the site
- 2019.11.07 =
- Fix - Access token renewal schedule action duplication.
- 2019.10.16 =
- Fix - Access token renewal by adding support for refresh tokens as per the new Square API
- Fix - Variable pricing import and adding an alert when these type of products are ignored.
- Fix - Line item discounts and other adjustments being ignored.
- Tweak - Add a notice when a refresh token is not present to warn users to re-connect their accounts.
- Feature - Added support for Sandbox accounts.
- 2019.09.03 =
- Fix - Add adjustments to Square order in the event of discrepancy with WooCommerce total
- 2019.08.19 =
- Tweak - Re-introduce the "inventory sync" toggle to allow syncing product data without affecting inventory
- Fix - Adjust v1 upgrades to properly toggle inventory sync when not enabled in v1
- Fix - Ensure product prices are correctly converted to and from cents regardless of the decimal place setting
- Fix - Don't block the product stock management UI when product sync is disabled
- Fix - Ensure products that have multiple attributes that aren't used for variations can be synced
- Misc - Add support for WooCommerce 3.7
- 2019.08.13 =
- Tweak WC 3.7 compatibility.
- 2019.07.23 =
- Fix - Don't display the "unsupported" payment processing admin notice for UK-based merchants
- 2019.07.22 =
- Feature - Support Square customer profiles for saved payment methods
- Feature - Customers can label their saved payment methods for easy identification when choosing how to pay
- Feature - Support enhanced payment form with auto formatting and retina card icons
- Feature - Show detailed decline messages when possible in place of generic errors
- Feature - Add support for WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Feature - Add support for WooCommerce Pre-Orders
- Feature - Orders with only virtual items can force a charge instead of authorization
- Feature - Void authorizations from WooCommerce
- Feature - Itemize Square transactions for improved reporting in Square
- Feature - Add sync records to notify admins of failed product syncs
- Feature - Changed "Synced with Square" option while bulk editing products
- Tweak - Introduce "System of Record" settings to control product data sync
- Tweak - Remove items from Square locations when deleted in WooCommerce (if WC is the system of record)
- Tweak - Allow users to hide WooCommerce products if removed from the linked Square location (if Square is the system of record)
- Tweak - Import images from Square when not set in WooCommerce (if Square is the system of record)
- Tweak - Remove Square postcode field when a postcode can be used from the checkout form
- Fix - Ensure connection tokens are refreshed ahead of expiration
- Fix - Always ensure settings are displayed in multisite
- Fix - Ensure Square prices update WooCommerce regular price, not sale price
- Fix - Remove usages of
$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA, which is deprecated
- Fix - Do not allow multiple sync processes to run simultaneously
- Fix - Avoid submitting duplicate orders with Checkout for WC plugin
- Misc - Upgrade to Square Connect v2 APIs
- Misc - Background process product sync for improved scalability
- Misc - Refactor for other miscellaneous fixes and improved reliability
- 2019-07-05 =
- Fix - Re-deploy due to erroneous inclusion of trunk folder
- 2019-04-16 =
- Fix - Use correct assets loading scheme.
- 2019-02-01 =
- Fix - Idempotency key reuse issue when checking out.
- 2018-11-07 =
- Update - Fieldset tag to div tag in payment box to prevent unwanted styling.
- Fix - Provide unique idempotency ID to the order instead of random unique number.
- Update - WP tested up to version 5.0
- 2018-09-27 =
- Update - WC tested up to version 3.5
- 2018-08-23 =
- Fix - UK/GB localed does not support Diners/Discover, so do not show these brands on checkout.
- 2018-06-05 =
- Fix - SSL notice in admin shows even though SSL is provided.
- Update - Send WC active prices to Square instead of tax exclusive.
- Add - Hook
wc_square_sync_to_square_price to filter prices sent to Square.
- 2018-05-23 =
- Update - WC tested up to version 3.4
- Update - Export/erasure hooks added.
- 2018-04-17 =
- Fix - If more than 1000 items, next batch is ignored.
- Fix - Wrong setting used when syncing product.
- Fix - Japan locale does not support Diners/Discover, so do not show these brands on checkout.
- 2018-04-04 =
- Fix - Double inventory sync for newly created products.
- Fix - Infinite loop with pagination, where Square keeps sending the same link.
- Fix - Remove usage of deprecated jQuery method.
- Fix - Sync job should not be sending anything if there are no stock changes.
- Fix - Trigger to decrease stock upon purchase not working
- Tweak - Add logging and skip sync in case store's currency/country is not allowed.
- Tweak - Improve debug logging when fetching inventory
- Tweak - Inventory reduction in Square will be treated as stock sale.
- 2018-02-19 =
- Fix - In some cases request timeouts are not set long enough causing timeout errors.
- Fix - Square to WC sync sets products with 0 quantity to In Stock.
- Fix - Potential issue with Square to WC sync when response is not an array.
- Fix - When description is more than 4095 characters, sync fails to Square.
- Fix - Add checks to product object before scheduling an event to prevent errors in cron job.
- Fix - Add check to prevent auto inventory poll from running when a manual sync is in progress.
- 2018-01-29 =
- Fix - Call to undefined method causes error.
- 2018-01-29 =
- Tweaks - Error handling.
- Public release on .org