- 2022-10-06 =
- Added: The
wp_mail function call backtrace to the Debug Events if the "Debug Email Sending" option is enabled.
- Added: Plugin's DB tables re-creation process in WP Site Health.
- Added: Debug Events retention period setting.
- Changed: Updated the list of conflicting plugins (added Zoho Mail).
- Changed: Improved conflicting plugins' admin notices (display multiple at once)
- Changed: Switched to the WP Core function
is_email for verifying email addresses.
- Changed: Improved the detection if
wp_mail function is overwritten.
- Fixed: Gmail mailer not using the correct From Email Address in Domain Checker.
- Fixed: Setup Wizard steps navigation, when going backwards.
- 2022-08-17 =
- Fixed: The check if
wp_mail function is overwritten on Windows servers.
- 2022-07-14 =
- Changed: Removed MailPoet from the list of conflicting plugins.
- Fixed: PHP warning for undefined variable when using the Default (none) mailer.
- 2022-07-14 =
- Added: Check if
wp_mail function is overwritten.
- Added: DB table (
wpmailsmtp_tasks_meta) cleanup after scheduled actions execution. Keeps DB size small.
- Changed: Updated the list of conflicting plugins (added Branda and MailPoet).
- Changed: Updated Action Scheduler library to 3.4.2.
- Fixed: SMTP.com mailer email content-encoding.
- Fixed: Dashboard widget graph when there is no email logs data.
- Fixed: Missing Sendinblue email body WP filter.
- Fixed: Chart.js library conflicts with other plugins.
- 2022-04-27 =
- Added: New transactional mailer - SendLayer integration.
- Changed: Improved Mailgun API error message extraction.
- Changed: Standardized error messages format and improved WP remote request errors extraction.
- Fixed: Lite plugin uninstall actions clearing plugin options while Pro version is active.
- Fixed: Hiding unrelated network admin notices on WP Mail SMTP pages.
- 2022-02-17 =
- IMPORTANT: Support for WordPress versions 5.1.x or lower has been discontinued. If you are using one of those versions, you MUST upgrade WordPress before installing or upgrading to WP Mail SMTP v3.3. Failure to do that will disable WP Mail SMTP functionality.
- Added: PHP 8.1 compatibility.
- Changed: Updated the list of conflicting plugins (added FluentSMTP and WP HTML Mail).
- Changed: Improved debug error message for the Other SMTP mailer in Debug Events.
- Changed: Updated Action Scheduler library to 3.4.0.
- Changed: Improved Action Scheduler performance.
- Fixed: PHP deprecated notices in Sendinblue library (PHP 7.4+).
- Fixed: DB tables row in Site Health Info section is now private.
- Fixed: Debug Events' screen options visible on general Tools page.
- Fixed: Screen Options right alignment.
- 2021-11-17 =
- Fixed: PHP 8 compatibility when existing Gmail mailer connection is revoked.
- 2021-11-11 =
- Added: New transactional mailer - SparkPost integration.
- Added: One-click migration from FluentSMTP plugin.
- Added: Plugin constants integration in Setup Wizard.
- Fixed: Early plugin deactivation issue with activity log plugins.
- 2021-09-28 =
- Added: New transactional mailer - Postmark integration.
- Added: Support for string attachments (added via PHPMailer object).
- Changed: Improved Email Source detection in Debug Events for WP Core sent emails.
- Changed: Improved uninstall process. It now removes all plugin DB data and tables.
- Fixed: Email Source detection in Debug Events for file paths with backslashes.
- Fixed: Blurry image assets in Weekly Email Summary.
- Fixed: PHP extension mb_strings not polyfilled correctly.
- Fixed: Added missing is_email_sent filters for Sendinblue, Mailgun, and Gmail mailers.
- Fixed: Debug Events double-entry DB save, because of a bug in is_email_sent method for certain mailers.
- 2021-08-09 =
- Fixed: Weekly Summary Email sending when migration code didn't trigger yet.
- 2021-08-05 =
- Fixed: Fatal PHP error on WP version 5.2 and lower (missing wp_timezone function).
- 2021-08-05 =
- Added: Weekly Email Summary - email sending statistics sent to your inbox.
- Added: Debug Events - logging all email sending errors and debug events.
- Added: Quick admin area links.
- Changed: Updated the successful Email Test screen.
- Changed: Updated Action Scheduler library to 3.2.1.
- Fixed: WP core admin spinner for the dashboard widget.
- Fixed: PHP error when objects implementing
__invoke() method were used as hook callbacks for admin notices.
- 2021-06-24 =
- Added: Action Scheduler table to the Tools page.
- Added: Dashboard Widget with total emails sent counter.
- Changed: Notifications design.
- Changed: Sodium Compat library loading improved.
- Fixed: Plugin conflict with plugins that populate $_POST data (Ultimate Addons for Elementor, WishList Member, ...).
- Fixed: Sendinblue WooCommerce Email Marketing plugin conflict admin notice display.
- Fixed: jQuery deprecated notices.
- Fixed: Action Scheduler library loading issue.
- Fixed: Canceled Setup Wizard's OAuth authorization redirecting to the Setup Wizard when connecting via regular plugin settings.
- Fixed: Meta DB table not existing error notices on a WP Multisite subsite.
- 2021-05-06 =
- Added: WP Site Health status check for the sending domain.
- Added: WP Mail SMTP WordPress admin menu position filter hook.
- Changed: Moved the Email Test tab to the new WP Mail SMTP > Tools page.
- Changed: Updated the list of conflicting plugins.
- Fixed: Removed the empty admin dashboard menu item for the Setup Wizard.
- Fixed: The Setup Wizard conflicting issue with Admin 2020 plugin.
- Fixed: The plugin settings pages not opening when WishList Member plugin was active.
- 2021-03-25 =
- IMPORTANT: Support for PHP 5.5 has been discontinued. If you are running one of those versions, you MUST upgrade PHP before installing or upgrading to WP Mail SMTP v2.7. Failure to do that will disable WP Mail SMTP functionality.
- Changed: Updated About us plugin page.
- Changed: Improved Domain Check Results section in Email Test tab.
- Changed: Allow the use of different Gmail aliases as From Email address by disabling the Force From Email setting.
- Changed: The Setup Wizard can now be launched via a button in the plugin settings. The Setup Wizard admin dashboard menu item was removed.
- Fixed: WP Multisite subsite admins couldn't remove oAuth connections (in the Gmail mailer).
- 2020-02-04 =
- Added: New plugin Setup Wizard.
- Added: SendGrid Invalid API key error message and mitigation steps on the Email Test page.
- Fixed: PHP 8 support.
- 2020-10-28 =
- The automatic updates issue with Gmail mailer token refresh.
- The 'wp-amil-smtp' typo in a plugin text-domain and a HTML class.
- 2020-10-22 =
- Added: Other SMTP mailer password encryption/decryption.
- Changed: Gmail mailer suggested steps for
invalid_grant error on the Settings > Email Test page.
- Changed: Gmail mailer redirect URI was changed to fix issues with
mod_security or redirect blocking plugins/solutions.
- Fixed: Plugin options re-saving with unescaped magic quote characters.
- Fixed: SMTP.com mailer email delivery for certain SMTP servers if attachment's encoded string is too long.
- 2020-09-17 =
- Added: Prefix all 3rd-party libraries to avoid compatibility issues with other plugins using different versions of the same libraries.
- Changed: Sendinblue SDK library version to 6.4.
- Changed: Google apiclient library version to 2.7.
- Changed: Improve plugin settings input and toggle focus states.
- Fixed: Hide admin bar menu when errors are present and the "Hide Email Delivery Errors" setting is enabled.
- Fixed: CSS sourcemaps warning messages in browser dev tools.
- Fixed: Action Scheduler tasks being registered too early and not getting assigned to the plugin group.
- Fixed: Admin bar CSS asset loading when the admin bar is not showing.
- Fixed: Fatal error on plugin uninstall if
ActionScheduler_QueueRunner::unhook_dispatch_async_request method does not exist.
- Fixed: PHP Deprecated notice for
base_convert() function usage in the Mailgun mailer.
- 2020-08-20 =
- Added: A WP Mail SMTP admin bar menu if there is an email delivery error or notifications.
- Added: WordPress 5.5 compatibility.
- Changed: Improve copy button user experience for Gmail Authorized redirect URI option.
- Changed: Email delivery error admin notices are now displayed only on plugin pages.
- Changed: Improve plugin settings UI by hiding certain options if the mailer does not support them.
- Changed: Pepipost API mailer is no longer available for new installs.
- Fixed: WP Site Health check for missing DB tables.
- Fixed: PHP errors caused by Actions Scheduler library used inside the plugin.
- Fixed: PHP error on plugin settings and WP Site Health pages if the plugin mailer option is empty for some reason.
- 2020-07-09 =
- Added: Gmail mailer now supports aliases.
- Added: Support both old PHPMailer v5 (WordPress <=5.4) and PHPMailer v6 (WordPress >=5.5).
- Changed: Pepipost mailer is now using the native API v5 instead of the SendGrid migration API.
- Fixed: Incorrect Mailgun Domain Name option was not showing an email delivery error.
- Fixed: Empty debug errors for the Sendinblue mailer are no more.
- Fixed: Properly compare From Email option value with a correct default email address from WP core.
- 2020-06-08 =
- Changed: Remove current automatic default reply-to address and add WP filter
wp_mail_smtp_processor_set_default_reply_to for setting default reply-to addresses.
- Changed: Improve description for several options with links to an article about how to properly use constants.
- Fixed: PHP parse error connected to Monolog library on PHP versions < 7.x.
- 2020-05-07 =
- Changed: Improved description of the "Do Not Send" plugin option.
- Fixed: Due to Pepipost API changes we now convert new lines so they are preserved in plain text emails.
- Fixed: Downgrade internal Guzzle dependency to 6.4 to temporarily fix compatibility issues with WordPress and Guzzle 6.5. Affects Gmail mailer.
- 2020-04-27 =
- IMPORTANT: Support for PHP 5.2-5.4 has been discontinued. If you are running one of those versions, you MUST upgrade PHP before installing or upgrading to WP Mail SMTP v2.0. Failure to do that will disable WP Mail SMTP functionality.
- Added: new mailer - SMTP.com integration.
- Changed: Plugin filters that change the FROM Name/Email in emails are now always running last.
false value of the
WPMS_SMTP_AUTOTLS constants was not properly handled in UI.
- Fixed: various minor code and internal links improvements.
- 2020-03-23 =
- Added: Add various Status tests and Info section on Tools > Site Health page.
- Added: Notify admin if there are unsaved changes in plugin admin area options.
- Fixed: Test email now has a proper bottom margin for better look.
- Changed: Update "About us" plugin page with relevant information.
- Changed: Save default WordPress FROM Email address when incorrect FROM Email address is saved by a user.
- 2019-12-13 =
- Fixed: Revert Guzzle version to 6.4.1 because Sendinblue and Gmail mailers may experience issues under certain circumstances while sending emails (not all sites are affected).
- Fixed: Make compatible the WordPress PhpMailer class inline attachments management with the Sendgrid API.
- 2019-12-12 =
- Added: New recommended mailer: Pepipost.
- Added: "Suggest a Mailer" link in a list of mailers to send us your ideas about new ones.
- Fixed: Sendgrid: Content ID for attachments missing.
- Changed: Timeout to HTTP requests (pepipost, sendgrid, mailgun), same as max_execution_time, to prevent fails when sending emails with big attachments.
- 2019-11-11 =
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress 5.3.
Processor::get_default_email() always returns empty value when server incorrectly configured.
- 2019-10-24 =
- Added: Add a new constant
WPMS_DO_NOT_SEND to block email sending.
- Fixed: Default email (firstname.lastname@example.org) rewriting in CLI mode.
- Fixed: Incorrect conflicts detection with certain plugins.
- Fixed: various typos in plugin settings.
- 2019-09-02 =
- Fixed: Race condition when loading with certain plugins, that send emails very early. Makes email delivery more reliable.
- 2019-08-21 =
- Added: New transactional mailer: Sendinblue.
- Added: Educate users to use transactional mailers for better deliverability.
- Added: New option and filter to disable admin area delivery error notices.
- Changed: Hide private API key saved in the DB for API based mailers using
- Changed: Update links to various docs, pointing now to https://wpmailsmtp.com.
- 2019-07-18 =
- Fixed: "Redirect URI mismatch" error for "Gmail" mailer when trying to re-authorize an account that was initially created with version < v1.5.0.
- Changed: Make "Authentication" setting in "Other SMTP" mailer ON by default for new users.
- Changed: Mailers docs links now point to wpmailsmtp.com own site.
- 2019-07-12 =
- Fixed: Duplicated emails sent to the first recipient in a loop (and others not receiving their emails).
- 2019-07-09 =
- Added: Loo plugin support.
- Added: "About us" admin area page.
- Added: Display in debug output a possible conflicting plugin existence.
- Added: Lots of actions and filters to improve flexibility of the plugin.
- Changed: Plugin menu is now top level.
- Changed: Hide secrets/API keys in page DOM in plugin admin area.
- Changed: Do not save constant values into the database when plugin settings are saved.
- Changed: Lots of i18n improvements to support translation for both free and paid version of the plugin.
- Changed: Gmail mailer - allow to change From Name email header.
- Changed: Gmail mailer - display email used to create a connection.
- Changed: WordPress 4.9 is the minimum WordPress version we support.
- Fixed: X-Mailer header should be present in all emails.
- Fixed: PHP notices when migrating under certain circumstances from 0.x version of the plugin.
- Fixed: Options::get_group() now supports values set via constants.
- 2019-03-23 =
- Changed: Tested up to WordPress 5.1.x.
- Changed: Removed TGMPA library.
- 2018-12-03 =
- Fixed: correctly process backslashes in SMTP passwords defined via constants.
- Changed: allow to send a Test Email when Default (none) mailer is selected in plugin settings.
- 2018-06-29 =
- Make sure that other plugins/themes are not conflicting with our TGMPA library.
- 2018-06-29 =
- Fixed: Other SMTP: Clear new Debug messages about failed email delivery on next successful email sending.
- Fixed: Introduce conditional autoloader to workaround Gmail PHP 5.5 requirement and its library compatibility issues vs PHP 5.3+ minimum viable plugin version.
- 2018-06-28 =
- Added: New option: force From Email rewrite regardless of the current value.
- Added: New option: force From Name rewrite regardless of the current value.
- Added: New option: remove all plugin data on plugin uninstall (when user deletes it).
- Added: Notify site admins in wp-admin area with a notice about last failed email delivery. Cleans up on successful delivery.
- Added: Notify site admins in wp-admin area with a notice about possible compatibility issues with other SMTP and email delivery plugins.
- Added: Improve User Debug Experience when doing Email Test - display helpful description and steps to fix the issue.
- Added: New users: provide default SMTP Port value for new users based on Encryption selection.
- Added: New users: notify about not configured plugin settings.
- Added: New users: Recommend free WPForms Lite plugin for those who don't have it.
- Added: SendGrid/Mailgun: provide support for multipart/alternative types of emails.
- Added: Gmail: new button to remove connection and to connect a new Google account.
- Fixed: Support plugin installation into /mu-plugins/ directory.
- Fixed: SendGrid: required text/plain part of email being the first one - fixes plain text emails not having links.
- Fixed: SendGrid and Mailgun: improperly sending plain text emails in html format.
- Fixed: SMTP Debug output was empty in some cases.
- Fixed: Compatibility with lots of other plugins that use Google Analytics library of different versions.
- Fixed: "client_id is empty" is no more a problem, should be fixed.
- Changed: For SendGrid and Mailgun allow using custom defined attachments names if present. Fallback to file name.
- Changed: Gmail: switch to a wider scope to prevent possible issues in certain circumstances.
- Changed: Remove whitespaces start/end of keys, secrets etc.
- Changed: Improved helpful description tests of various options.
- Changed: Improved plugin autoloading functionality.
- 2018-02-05 =
Return path can't be turned off.
Authentication sometimes can't be turned off.
Auto TLS sometimes can't be turned off.
- Fixed: BCC support for Gmail was broken.
- Fixed: Debug output improved to handle SELinux and grsecurity.
- Fixed: Strip slashes from plugin settings (useful for
From Name option).
- Fixed: Change the way sanitization is done to prevent accidental removal of useful data.
- Fixed: Plugin activation will not overwrite settings back to defaults.
- Fixed: Properly set
Auto TLS option on plugin activation.
- Fixed: Providers autoloading improved for certain Windows-based installs.
- Fixed: Use the proper path to load translations from plugin's
- Changed: Do not autoload on each page request plugin settings from WordPress options table.
- Changed: Do not autoload Pepipost classes unless it's saved as active mailer in settings.
- 2018-01-28 =
- Fixed: Improved escaping with debug reporting.
- 2018-01-22 =
- Fixed: Gmail tokens were reset after clicking Save Settings.
- Fixed: Slight typo in Gmail success message.
- 2017-12-27 =
- Fixed: Correctly handle Mailgun debug message for an incorrect api key.
- Fixed: Fatal error for Gmail and SMTP mailers with Nginx web-server (without Apache at all).
- Changed: Update X-Mailer emails header to show the real sender with a mailer and plugin version.
- 2017-12-21 =
- Fixed: Failed SMTP connections generate fatal errors.
- 2017-12-21 =
- Fixed: Decrease the factual minimum WordPress version from 3.9 to 3.6.
- Changed: Improve debug output for all mail providers.
- 2017-12-18 =
- Added: New option "Auto TLS" for SMTP mailer. Default is enabled. Migration routine for all sites.
- Changed: Improve debug output - clear styles and context-aware content.
- Changed: Better exceptions handling for Google authentication process.
- Changed: Do not sanitize passwords, api keys etc - as they may contain special characters in certain order and sanitization will break those values.
- Changed: Improve wording of some helpful texts inside plugin admin area.
- Fixed: Do not include certain files in dependency libraries that are not used by Google mailer. This should stop flagging plugin by Wordfence and VaultPress.
- Fixed: Constants usage is working now, to define the SMTP password, for example.
- Fixed: Notice for default mailer.
- 2017-12-12 =
- Fixed: PHPMailer using incorrect SMTPSecure value.
- 2017-12-12 =
- Fixed: Global POST processing conflict.
- 2017-12-12 =
- Added: Automatic migration tool to move options from older storage format to a new one.
- Added: Added Gmail & G Suite email provider integration - without your email and password.
- Added: Added SendGrid email provider integration - using the API key only.
- Added: Added Mailgun email provider integration - using the API key and configured domain only.
- Added: New compatibility mode - for PHP 5.2 old plugin will be loaded, for PHP 5.3 and higher - new version of admin area and new functionality.
- Changed: The new look of the admin area.
- Changed: SMTP password field now has "password" type.
- Changed: SMTP password field does not display real password at all when using constants in
wp-config.php to define it.
- Changed: Escape properly all translations.
- Changed: More helpful test email content (with a mailer name).
- Addition of Pepipost and cleanup of admin page.
- Addition of Pepipost and cleanup of admin page.
- Minor security fix, sanitize test email address.
- Minor security fix, hat tip JD Grimes.
- Improvement to the test email function, very low priority update.
- Fixing reported issue with passing by reference.
- Removing the deprecation notice.
- $phpmailer->language became protected in WP 3.2, no longer unset on debug output.
- Typo in the From email description.
- Removed changelog from plugin file, no need to duplicate it.
- Optionally set $phpmailer->Sender from from email, helps with sendmail / mail().
- Fix for a long standing bug that caused an error during plugin activation.
- The Settings link really does work this time, promise. Apologies for the unnecessary updates.
- Bugfix, the settings link on the Plugin page was broken by 0.8.4.
- Minor bugfix, remove use of esc_html() to improve backwards compatibility.
- Removed second options page menu props ovidiu.
- Bugfix, return WPMS_MAIL_FROM_NAME, props nacin.