- Bug fix: Due to external add-ons, need to test URL shortener settings as strings, not integers.
- Bugfix: If YOURLS JSON object does not exist, it cannot have values.
- Change: Support custom domains in jotURL.
- Change: Add user info to debugging records.
- Bug fix: Failed to account for a URL value that could be false in template parsing.
- Bug fix: don't parse Username settings if user is connected to Twitter (Pro)
- Bug fix: Non-semantic text in user settings.
- Bug fix: type error in media comparison.
- Improve logic for exiting media handling. (Pro)
- New function: wpt_allowed_post_types(). Returns array of post types that can be Tweeted.
- New template tag: #categories# Return string of all categories on post. Filterable with 'wpt_twitter_category_names'
- Change: default tag length allowed raised to 20
- Change: default number of tags allowed raised to 4
- Breaking change: Remove major function deprecated in January 2017 and minor functions deprecated March 2018.
- Missed ssl_verify=false removed
- Pass post ID to wpt_retweet_text filter.
- Don't throw duplicate Tweet error if Tweet is blank.
- Change: Display UI for post types that are private but have a UI (e.g., WooCommerce coupons)
- Bug fix: User permissions for connecting to Oauth overrode ability to enter personal settings.
- Bug fix: Exit meta migration if post does not exist.
- Added filter to cancel Tweets for custom reasons after all other filters executed.
- Removed video on app creation, due to Twitter's radical revision of creation process.
- Update setup instructions inside app.
- Change function name for checking edit vs. new for clarity.
- Update debugging function to pass post ID of current Tweet.
- Bug fix: PHP Notice in settings.
- Bug fix: If rate limiting cron not set, automatically recreate.
- Change: Remove replacement character setting unless in use for non-space character
- Change: Capitalize each word in tags sent to Twitter (accessibility)
- Bug fix: Check for existing short URL should not run when parsing text of Tweets for URLs.
- Bug fix: Assignment replaced with comparison in connection creation.
- Bug fix: fallback normalizer method called incorrectly
- Removed: upgrade paths from version 2.4.x
- Removed: support for YOURLS version 1.3
- Removed: support for Twitter Friendly Links (plug-in not updated in 8 years)
- Removed: Ability to enable the Goo.gl URL shortener (see: https://developers.google.com/url-shortener/)
- Removed: fallback functions required for PHP 4 support.
- Add 'show images' as option in feeds.
- Support for alt attributes displayed in Feeds
- Improved URL generation to link to searched Tweets.
- Improve parsing of URLs in Tweets.
- Don't save URLs if no shortener used or shortener returns no value.
- Option to ignore stored URLs when sending Tweets.
- Code now conforms with WordPress PHP standards with the exception of four deprecated functions.
- If short URL already stored, do not execute shortening routine
- Remove instances of create_function for PHP 7.2 compat
- Remove language files completely in favor of WordPress.org translations
- CSS fix
- Minor text changes
- Add temporary method to extend character count. Twitter has not yet released their new character counting library.
- Minor style changes
- Bug fix: Fix arguments when using keywords with YOURLS
- Bug fix: Problem saving settings in PHP 7.1 due to array assignment changes
- New: Add filter to provide custom support any taxonomy as hashtags, 'wpt_hash_source' & 'wpt_hash_tag_sources'
- New: Add cache refresh checkbox for Tweet widget
- Update: Rewritten debugging mechanism
- New: admin notice to indicate in debugging.
- Remove Freemius (with all thanks to the Freemius team.)
- Minor tweaks to Tweet widget CSS
- Bug fix: account for mixed return values in get_the_tags()
- Bug fix: if user without permissions to edit WP to Twitter meta updated profiles, Twitter profile data was deleted.
- Bug fix: PHP notices (2) in Twitter search widget
- Bug fix: no notice to update settings when setting new URL shortener.
- Bug fix: permissions tabs non functional if custom role name had a space
- Bug fix: remove notice thrown when rate limiting is run on a Tweet not associated with a post
- Bug fix: remove notice thrown when no error defined by custom shortener.
- Design update in metabox panel
- Misc. design & text updates
- Ability to add new URL shorteners via filters ('wpt_shorten_link', 'wpt_shortener_settings', 'wpt_choose_shortener')
- Remove ability to set YOURLS as a local resource in new installs
- Added filter to disable storing URLs in post meta
- Deprecate more old jd_ prefixed functions
- Change admin page URL to match Pro version.
- Remove dependency on is_plugin_active()
- Added opt-in usage tracking via Freemius.com
- CSS update in Twitter feed for new iframe generated follow button
- Include target URL in information deleted when a post's Tweet History cleared
- Minor design changes
- Updated manual
- Updated text
- Moved changelog entries older than 3.0.0 into changelog.txt
- Update PHP 4 class constructors to PHP 5.
- Added template tags for all categories and all category descriptions.
- Better loading of text domain.
- Improve preview character counting when featured images are being uploaded. (WP Tweets PRO)
- Require users to add an email to send a support request.
- Added check for constant WPT_STAGING_MODE; disables posting to Twitter on staging servers.
- New feature: Rate limiting. Enable rate limiting to restrict the number of posts per category per hour can be sent to your Twitter account.
- Bug fix: Twitter Feed search broken.
- Bug fix: Display issue with support form textarea.
- Address issue with input sources that have double encoded entities.
- Improved: Error messages with Twitter Feed issues.
- Add option to hide header on Twitter feed widget.
- Language Update: Portuguese (Brazil)
- Handles case where post type identification could throw PHP warning if no post types were chosen to be Tweeted.
- Eliminated outdated compatibility function.
- Eliminated old update notices.
- General code cleanup.
- Code documentation.
- Updated media uploading to use Uploads endpoint, replacing deprecated update_with_media endpoint. [WP Tweets PRO]
- Simplifed short URL storage
- Decreased widget cache life from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
- Added fallback Normalizer class for cases when extension is not installed.
- Added notes for the 100 HTTP code return error.
- Moved Twitter server time check out of basic set-up & set up to only run on demand.
- Minor design changes.
- Feature: Upload images from remote servers (WP Tweets PRO)
- Updated User's Guide.
- Revamp roles and capabilities management
- Add filter: wpt_max_tweet_length; returns array with max Tweet lengths. Default array( 'with_media'=>119, 'without_media' => 137 );
- Bug fix: When a Tweet was truncated due to long raw text, truncation would be 5 chars too aggressive.
- Changed base capability from 'update_core' to 'manage_options' for multi-site admins
- Post to Twitter function returns false on all errors, rather than just Twitter errors.
- Removed upgrade cycles for versions more than 2 1/2 years old.
- Add "Tweet Now" button to send a Tweet without saving post.
- Add Tweet Scheduler button for WP Tweets PRO users; set time and date and schedule from post without saving.
- Language update: Italian
- Bug fix: Tweet this post toggle incorrectly set when editing an unpublished post with edits default set to not Tweet.
- Removed category filtering in favor of WP Tweets PRO update allowing filtering on all taxonomies.
- Removed obsolete functions handling older WP versions.
- UI updates.
- Updated fallbacks for multibyte string functions.
- Added wpt_tag_default filter to choose the default hashtag symbol.
- Miscellaneous PHP notice eliminations.
- File reorganization.
- Bug fix: Twitter feed widget errors if not authenticated.
- Bug fix: #author# template tag
- Bug fix: tag filtering error.
- Bug fix: eliminated one PHP notice.
- Minor text changes.
- Updated: Russian translation.
- Don't display promotional notice if donation option checked.
- WP Tweets PRO: fix for broken prepend text.
- WP Tweets PRO: Improved truncating if image uploads enabled.
- Updated translation: Italian
- Error with post_with_media check. All apologies.
Bug fix: Mismatched rules for when to enqueue charCount script and when to insert inline script calling that script.
Bug fix: Added long-missing 'do not post Tweets by default when editing' option.
Bug fix: 2 bugs when sending test Tweet and using WordPress as a shortening service
Translation updated: French
- Using tag slug instead of tag name is a problem for languages with characters outside of RFC 1738 URL specs. Transformed into selectable option, default off.
- Added #modified# to use post modified date in templates.
- Corrected unstripped slashes for template preview in WP to Twitter post box
- Character count for custom tweet text was incorrect on initial load in edit mode.
- Replaced character counter with a more Twitter-like character counter (counting down.)
- Added ampersand to normalizer function
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation
- Bug fix: resolved case where new backdated posts were treated as edits.
- Some changes to tweet truncating routines to avoid modifying the URL during truncation.
- Fixed XMLRPC support
- Updated Italian translation
- Bug fix release. Sorry.
- Added translation to Brazilian Portugese Matheus Bratfisch
- Fixed a bug where new Pages did not Tweet.
- Minor text changes to try and clarify OAuth process.
- Fixed bug where any post with a customized status update would post, regardless of settings.
- Fixed faulty shortening when new links were added.
- Bug found with YOURLS short url creation when using multiple sites with one YOURLS installation and short URLS are created using post ID. Added option to disable post_ID as shortURL generating key in YOURLS account settings.
- Missing semicolon replaced in uninstall.php
- Fixed bug introduced in WordPress 2.9 where logged in users could only edit their own profiles and associated issues.
- Fixed bug which caused #url# to repeatedly be added to the end of tweet texts on reactivation or upgrade.
- Fixed bug which generated shortener API error messages when no URL shortener was used.
- Fixed bug which prevented display of URL on edit screen if no URL shortener was used.
- Added Spanish translation courtesy of David Gil Pérez
- Made so many language changes that aforementioned translation is now terribly out of date, as are all others...
- Added ability to restrict posting to certain categories.
- Added option to dynamically generate Google Analytics campaign identifier by category, post title, author, or post id.
- Added option to configure plugin to use other services using the Twitter-compatible API.
- Added support for YOURLS installations as your URL shortener. (Either local or remote.)
- Redesigned administrative interface.
- Removed use of Snoopy and alternate HTTP request methods.
- Discontinued support for WordPress versions below version 2.7.
- Major revisions to support checks.
- Version jumped to 2.0.0
- Quick bug fix contributed by DougV from WordPress Forums.
- Because that's what I get for making last minute changes.
- Fixed a bug which allowed editing of posts to be tweeted if status updates on editing Pages were permitted.
- Fixed a bug in the support check routine which caused all Cli.gs tests to fail.
- Streamlined logic controlling whether a new or edited item should be tweeted.
- Added Italian translation. Thanks to Gianni Diurno!
- Added support for the Bit.ly URL shortening service.
- Added option to not use URL shortening.
- Added option to add tags to end of status update as hashtag references.
- Fixed a bug where the #url# shortcode failed when editing posts.
- Reduced some redundant code.
- Converted version notes to new Changelog format.